Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

[LightOS] Support Lightphone 2

I've been using Spotify for years and I recently have moved to a more minimalist type of "smart" phone called LightPhone 2. I just wish there was a way to download spotify music and podcasts to my phone. 

Updated on 2021-06-14

Hey everyone,

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

Your suggestion has gathered the votes necessary and your feedback is now reaching the internal teams at Spotify. They're aware of the vote count and popularity of this idea. We'll continue to monitor and check out the comments here, too.

As soon as we have any updates on its status, we'll let you know.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Comments
BigCrawdy

sure that works

xxx37

625 votes.... is it there yet?

Jesuslovesu

Dear Spotify, 

I have been a faithful user for years and even came back full circle when I opted out for a bit to try Apple Music and let me tell you, there is NOTHING like Spotify. Please make this collaboration with LightPhone possible because it is necessary and it benefits both businesses substantially. It’s a win-win-win. 

cmgomes

I've upvoted and am looking forward to seeing an update to the LP2 to allow Spotify downloads.  I've been a Spotify member since around 2009 on my Palm Pre which was one of the first phones to get Spotify in the US.  I'm now a Premium subscriber with a family Plan with 2 teenage boys on the plan with a couple other boys in line once they get safe phones.  Music is a must for them as it us for all of us and Spotify is our platform of choice.  Reaffirm our choice by giving us one more option to help our kids be safe online.  Thanks!

#LetParentsProtect 🙂

2021.07.30 update: I put in a pre-order for a Light Phone 2 for one of our kids.  I hope by the time we get it in Oct we'll have Spotify as an option on the device 🙂

P-funkPower

This would be awesome Spotify is the one app I really can’t do with out and having a phone like the light phone that doesn’t have social media but does have Spotify would improve so many peoples lives and their relationship with tech

Mario
Status changed to: Live Idea

Updated on 2021-06-14

Hey everyone,

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

Your suggestion has gathered the votes necessary and your feedback is now reaching the internal teams at Spotify. They're aware of the vote count and popularity of this idea. We'll continue to monitor and check out the comments here, too.

As soon as we have any updates on its status, we'll let you know.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

zenocopia

Trying to make the jump to a more minimal phone and be more present in my life! Would love if you guys could make this happen, as without your app, I'd constantly be going back to my iPhone. Thanks for considering this and for all you do!

sobelmad

I am a Light Phone 2 user and a Spotify subscriber. It would be a perfect marriage to be able to use Spotify with my LP2. Thank you for considering the possiblity.

carlbtmn

I'm joining the lightphone community and Spotify should too. 🙂

Talyaaa27

Yes! This would be amazing! Please do this, Spotify!!!