Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[LightOS] Support Lightphone 2

I've been using Spotify for years and I recently have moved to a more minimalist type of "smart" phone called LightPhone 2. I just wish there was a way to download spotify music and podcasts to my phone. 

Updated on 2021-06-14

Hey everyone,

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

Your suggestion has gathered the votes necessary and your feedback is now reaching the internal teams at Spotify. They're aware of the vote count and popularity of this idea. We'll continue to monitor and check out the comments here, too.

As soon as we have any updates on its status, we'll let you know.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Comments
ChrisL730

Glad to hear this is being considered and hope something is in the works. Would love to have Spotify access on the Light phone!

TomToms55

This would be huge. We are already at 2,305 votes. 24 pages of comments.

Spotify please work with LightPhone company so we can make the world a better place! 🙂

Vegeete

I agree, I would love Spotify on my Light Phone ll. Even if it were only a functionality to sync the playlists I made on Spotify with my computer.

Mia_tedesco

I agree, this would make huge changes! 

emac1918

I would love this so much, while Spotify's interactive features are nice, but ultimately what keeps me is being able to listen to my favorite music and podcasts. I don't need recommendations, shorts, music videos, or messages from artists. Having this would be phenomenal

tchow_

Please make this happen spotify!!! I plan to get this phone but unless spotify becomes an available feature, I will have to cancel my spotify subscription because I will have no reason to have spotify without a device to listen on. I'm a 5+ yr customer and don't want to say goodbye, but I have officially decided the 'light phone' will be my next phone. I very much hope to take spotify with me on my new phone journey!

PaidInFull

Many people such as myself are disconnecting from the digital world. We understand the benefits that come with convenient technology, but we want to strike a balance and be intentional with how we spend our time to better support our mental health. Digital products such as Spotify should start embracing this shift! Phones in particular are becoming much more democratized in support of this end goal, and for many of us, music is pivotal in our lives and has been just as important for our mental health. Spotify has the resources to make this happen and can help begin a new shift in technology! So as a recent purchaser of the Light Phone, I would love to see Spotify come to my device

pplagenz

Along with the hundreds of other users here, I'd love to see this happen! I'm about to make the switch to a Light phone, but am not looking forward to losing easy access to music on Spotify. Not worth keeping a smartphone for me, but this would be a huge plus! Even if it doesn't increase revenue for the company, this would make thousands of Spotify subscribers' day! That'd be a company I would happily support for many years.

ajvice24

this is so needed. gonna have to find music other ways if necessary.

crozia

I'm looking to rid myself of my smartphone and the Light Phone 2 seems to be what I want to use, but it doesn't yet have Spotify which is a bummer. Please make an app for the Light Phone 2!