Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Mac] Spotify in Notification Center

It would be cool to get a feature we can turn on to have song changes display in the Notification Center on OS X!

Updated on 2019-09-06

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Community, and adding your vote to this idea!

We're setting this idea to 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement. We appreciate you sharing your thoughts.

If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

Thanks

Comments
DonVince

I was using the "NowPlaying" app for quite some time and while it did the job, it often crashed ("An apple event timed out") after my MBP woke up from sleep or during high load times.

And now that iTunes has it's own "now playing" notification I either get double popups (iTunes + nowPlaying) or none for Spotify (nowPlaying turned off).

So I think it's time for Spotify to finally come around and give us Notification Center support for OS X!

fl0ppy

Yep, would be really great to see this being implemented!

Robbify28
Yes, this is one of the last few kinks I want to work out on my Mac. Please, implement this soon.

How is this downright trivial feature still not implemented?

Update?!

ZPaddy

I hope this is going to become implemented with the arrival of OS X Yosemite.

ethanl

If you use Chrome and Spotify web player, try this extension: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/music-controls/npknnhkibefjlffdfmocakilggmmfonp

omega9

This feature would be a really good addition.

Joshua

It's been two years since this idea has been posted.. Yet this isn't implemented. I wonder how hard it can be..

svinegar

Is there *any* official response on this?