Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Mobile] Create & manage Playlist Folders

It would be nice to be able to better organize playlists in folders on the mobile apps.  Or at the very least, specify which folder a playlist should go in when it is first created.  Right now, in iOS, any playlists that I create are just added to the main list, without giving the option to put them in a folder, and it is not possible to move playlists to/from folders.  I'm assuming this will be the same on Android when it is implemented.

Updated on 2019-10-29

Hey folks,
We really appreciate so many of you coming to the Community, adding your votes and comments to this idea!
For now we'll be keeping this idea at 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement.
If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.
Thanks .

Comments
iAmEFFeX

I agree, I literally never turn on my laptop anymore. Especially to use Spotify. Now, whenever I follow or create a new playlist, I have to start up my computer for 5 minutes just to move it to the designated folder. Really makes no sense. 

fcoclavero

I'm really **bleep** off at how slow basic features take to get implemented. I'm gonna be switching to another platform  

Jacobo

For a lot of us our playlist are very important. And it should be easier how to organise and manage them. Including from your mobile phone! Please bring this feature Spotify!

007onfire

Seriously why havent they implemented  this feature yet. Tired of wasting time using a computer to add playlists to folders. 

escallin

Naturally, I don't expect the Spotify devs to respond to this, but it's probably worth the upvote anyway.  It amazes me that they have the feature to create folders on the desktop app, but refuse the implement it on the mobile app.  What kind of technical challenges could there possibly be?  Bottom line is, they simply don't care what user's want.  They are too big to care now...

Mikey08

Too many playlists subscribed, looks chaotic and hard to find those same type of playlists just by browsing (and search function is not helpful since you want to browse several playlists in same genre). This is a major trouble 

ListenToGlobal

Great idea, that'd be a very nice feature!

plaidpj123

I like to have lots of playlists but it gets cluttered looking through the many playlists. It would be helpful to be able to put playlists in folders, so I can have a folder with songs to listen to to work and like the different genres. It is an idea and would be cool and helpful. Thank you!

die_socke
You can put your playlists in folders already. You unfortunately have to use the Desktop app. It is not possible, to manage your folders with the mobile app. A minimal progress is that you can manually sort songs within those playlists.
plaidpj123
how do i do that on the desktop!