Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Mobile] Create & manage Playlist Folders

It would be nice to be able to better organize playlists in folders on the mobile apps.  Or at the very least, specify which folder a playlist should go in when it is first created.  Right now, in iOS, any playlists that I create are just added to the main list, without giving the option to put them in a folder, and it is not possible to move playlists to/from folders.  I'm assuming this will be the same on Android when it is implemented.

Updated on 2019-10-29

Hey folks,
We really appreciate so many of you coming to the Community, adding your votes and comments to this idea!
For now we'll be keeping this idea at 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement.
If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.
Thanks .

Comments
scottks

Definitely wish this could work out. Even if we could open an additional Spotify window in the desktop version to all allow us to drag a playlists and/or songs to the playlist or folder would be extremely helpful in managing large amounts of playlists.

sylvieswanson

Please Spotify this needs to happen. My list of playlists is so long that I have a hard time finding the one I'm looking for. It's very annoying. Especially because the order of playlists changes every time I listen to one. Playlists could at least be arranged in alphabetical order???? That option would be a nice start. 

p0ffee

Would definitely love this. I have a ton of playlists saved and this would help with organization a lot.

chavlji

Seems like it doesn't fit their business model... 😞 I'm so disappointed. It's such a basic thing...

Personal playlists are really really poorly done. Sooo many features missing.

Seems like they want to force us to listen to whatever AI thinks we like...

NeilMacGregor

Yes, like many playlist organisation requests, this seems simple yet has been ongoing requested for 5 years.  Lack of development is really making my wonder where my monthly $$$ are going. 

Luke_ox

I made this same request to the Spotify Twitter in 2015 I believe. Please Spotify, please bring this feature. 

Emij

I see this is an old idea but I still think this would be great! I hate how disorganised my playlist list is and putting them into folders would be ideal. Please at least put in the option. I dont think anyone would complain because if someone does not like it, they don't really need to do anything.

izzy7916

Hi! I completely agree with this. I've been an avid user of spotify since 2014 and since music is such an integral part of my day, I have accumulated/created hundreds of playlists over the years. Many if them have commonalities from the content but no way to organize them so I end up having to scroll and scroll to try and remember when the heck I made a playlist or even what the name was. I'm literally begging for this idea to happen because I'm absolutely sure I'm not the only one and neither are the amazing people who comment on here

fairiiry

i literally don't understand why this hasn't been implemented yet

tomalexhilton

9 years later you still can't create a folder in the app. literally no idea what spotify developers spend their time doing, other than imagining how you might manage all the music in the world if you actually hated music.