[Mobile] Create & manage Playlist Folders

It would be nice to be able to better organize playlists in folders on the mobile apps.  Or at the very least, specify which folder a playlist should go in when it is first created.  Right now, in iOS, any playlists that I create are just added to the main list, without giving the option to put them in a folder, and it is not possible to move playlists to/from folders.  I'm assuming this will be the same on Android when it is implemented.

Updated on 2017-09-07

Hey @tjb we're back to give this idea another update. We've chased up this idea with the folks behind Playlist Folders and we currently don't have a plan for letting you drop a newly created playlist into a folder once it's created on mobile. However please rest assured we've passed this feedback on to the playlist teams again and they'll continue to get updates on your comments. If there's any news on this we'll post it here first, thanks!

Comments
jnowak

Couldn't agree more.  Especially as many of us (myself included) have ditched desktop/laptops in favor of phone, tablet, chromebook, leaving us with no interface that allows playlist organization.

twingocerise

I love spotify. My number 1 app. Never thought about moving away. ever.

My whole spotify world relies on this : listening to a radio then wow a great song, look for the latest album of the artist, "add to" -> browsing to corresponding subfolder (/ rock / 90's , / jazz / '00s, whatever) -> create a new playlist -> add the album to the new playlist . I may need every now and then to add the album to an existing playlist.

I love my folders, i know them like the back of my hand and I never want to go back to having a massive itunes managed mp3 library anymore.

Though, 2 events broke my heart :

- you discontinued the desktop app

- bought a nexus 5 -> tried the android app, no option to get organised apart from some pointless sorting options (It's like sorting chapters in a film!! you serious?)

Breaking this experience makes it such a pain. At least I had the desktop app to "clean it up" from time to time.

PLEASE, PLEASE : get the ios and android apps folder / playlist organisation on board.

And I mean everything, not a downgraded version of it:

- creating / updating / deleting / moving a folder

- adding albums to a playlist (new one or not)

- move playlist to a folders or subfolder

+

How am I gonna sync my local music now ?? There are loads of tunes you haven't got plus I have my own recording of my band or personal recordings... etc. This means I'll have to go back to bloody itunes syncing and have a disrupted experience. This is a right pain.

PLEASE do something, this is a very basic feature that was available from day 1 (almost)

larryk12309
Casual Listener

Yes it's the same on Android! And it's a pain in the lumbar!

cinkincat

Pleeaase fix this.. I no longer have a laptop/computer so I cannot sort my playlists at all now!

kaisakumari
Casual Listener

I have a ton of playlists and it would be nice if I could put them in different folders. My Spotify would be much more organized!

die_socke
Casual Listener

The Android app would profit from this, too.

artisanjones

I would love to have playlist folders!

langweiligh3
Regular

too bad.

Amerzel

Please consider prioritizing this feature. Thanks. 

DerCyberfreak

I'd ask you to reconsider the prioritization. It can't be any more, these days, that you need a computer to organize your playlists.

I would like to be able to create folders on my smartphone and move existing playlists to them, even on the go!

Many greetings