Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Mobile] Create & manage Playlist Folders

It would be nice to be able to better organize playlists in folders on the mobile apps.  Or at the very least, specify which folder a playlist should go in when it is first created.  Right now, in iOS, any playlists that I create are just added to the main list, without giving the option to put them in a folder, and it is not possible to move playlists to/from folders.  I'm assuming this will be the same on Android when it is implemented.

Updated on 2019-10-29

Hey folks,
We really appreciate so many of you coming to the Community, adding your votes and comments to this idea!
For now we'll be keeping this idea at 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement.
If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.
Thanks .

Comments
Age135

Honestly, at this point this should be completed. This request is borderlining on basic functionality for music apps now. The fact that its sat here for 6 years with nothing more then a promise is kinda starting to look like corporate bull to me. I really appreciate the service, but this is becoming a more and more glaring weakness of the platform as time goes on. I hardly have time to block out chunks of time to sorting and managing the music I listen to all because i need a PC to do so.

veturkemur

I’ve been waiting for this forever. It really wouldn’t be difficult to build into the app but please a lot of subscribers. Why is it still not a thing 6 years later? Rude.

die_socke

Funfact: In the meantime, Spotify has enabled sorting the tracks your playlists in the Android app. This is useful. Still, it doesn't solve the problem that I cannot sort the playlists themselves. New playlists always show up at the top, even though I want my most used playlists (like Discover Weekly or Release Radar) on top.

slr1966

Thank you for finally adding containers in the playlist! My over 100 playlists are now managable by theme.

When will that feature come to mobile???

iAmEFFeX

It's insane that we can't do something this simple on mobile. I barely even use a laptop these days. It is very inconvenient to load it up just for this. 

elvisisvan

6 ****in' years and they haven't done ****!!

bering

As mentioned by others: we are using desktop devices less and less, so this feature is becoming more important. At least add it to the web player?

thomasbh

They don't even have folder compatibility with their API. They want to kill this feature, without a doubt.

Gary_Hoover

Not sure this is the same problem.  But I too, have the same problem. I see were an edit you can custom or have it alphabetized. I would like to move the folders on my own, and in my own order. This should be an easy fix. I see where it’s available on desktop but not on iPhone. Please  help resolve the problem. Thanks 

xxnalinakayxx

I don't see why it would be that hard to just add it as an option from the drop down menu.  Ie) I dont see why you shouldn't be able to click the "..." and have the option "move playlist" and then have it present you with the folders you currently have. 

As someone who NEVER uses the computer (the last one I bought was in 2014 and I don't even think it works) this would be soooooo helpful.

I'm on Android