Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Mobile] Listening History On Mobile

On the Desktop client it is possible to view your listening history (Play Queue > History), this functionality should be added to the mobile applications too.

It could be added very nicely into the new "Me" tab on iOS:

IMG_0212.PNG

Updated on 2021-04-05

Hey folks,

Thanks for your support and patience while we're looking into this 🙂

Happy to confirm you should now have the option to access your listening history on mobile too.

Take a look here if you'd like to know more.

Cheers!

Comments
Bshfifbfjdi

I was honestly very surprised to see that Spotify on iOS doesn’t have such a basic feature. One of the reasons I just switched back to Spotify from Apple Music was the superior suggestions for similar songs based on your current playlist. It’s still miles ahead of Apple and I love finding new music that way.

But it’s so frustrating to lose your history and not be able to go back and like a song you heard earlier as soon as you switch playlist.

codmon23

They finally added this feature on my iPhone. When I saw it show up, it felt like Christmas. It felt like Spotify actually **bleep**. Kudos.

Now, if we could just click playlist followers and get a list (the same way we click user followers), Spotify might finally live up to the dream. 

arjunyg

Must be nice to be in the A/B test 🙂

Still waiting for an update after 8 years over here 😞

MattSuda

Good news!

The new "Recently Played" section is rolling out to the mobile app in the home tab. Here you will be able to see up to 3 months of listening history. Look for the clock icon in the top right corner of the home tab.

Travel back in time: Rediscover lost gems in your listening history with a new “Recently played” destination, where users can jump back in time and browse up to three months’ worth of listening history. Premium and Free users globally will be able to browse recently played individual tracks and episodes in addition to the playlists, albums, and shows they were played from.

You can read more info about "recently played" and other updates to the home tab in the news article:
New Features on Spotify’s Home Hub Make Navigation and Discovery Even Simpler

Spotify_Updates_March2021_PR-Header_1920x733-2048x782.png

ProxxiM

This seems like a great addition. I still can't believe how long it took, however.

gapspot

too little too late ... you think you can mess with paying customers and stone wall them for literally a decade until they take their business elsewhere and then post here a "Good News Everyone" message about what a great feature you suddenly came up with, in 2021, a listening history? Wow, genius at work, keep it coming, what's next, a volume control widget?
This might work for new customers who might just think: oh, that wasn't there in the first place? But you'll have to come up with some real cool innovation to make up for a decade of waiting for a simple playing history. I'll stick with some of your competitors, so long.

Mario
Status changed to: Implemented

Updated on 2021-04-05

Hey folks,

Thanks for your support and patience while we're looking into this 🙂

Happy to confirm you should now have the option to access your listening history on mobile too.

Take a look here if you'd like to know more.

Cheers!

dadiot

Wow, it's here, blazing fast, it only took 2.642 days or 7 years, 2 months and 23 days 🙂

rdalkire

Wow, the ingratitude!  "No good deed..." is the applicable aphorism here I guess.  Anyway I think this is the best new feature I've seen since I started using the app years ago.  To whomever made it happen:  Thank you!

Eddie-CH

Don't know if anybody else brought this up, but wouldn't it be more beneficial when tapping on a song from this Listening History - to take me to the respective Playlist or Album where I originally played this song and resume from that position ON THAT Playlist or Album?! and not create a reverse / "travel back in time" playlist that serves no one?

That way we can address in some form this long awaited feature that never comes?
RESUMING playback on an album or playlist?
https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/All-Platforms-Remember-Position-in-Playlist-Album/idi-p/...