Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Mobile] View & Shuffle all Tracks in Playlist Folders

The latest spotify for android update, as well as the newest iOS update, removed the "shuffle all" option for multiple playlists within a folder. I used this feature every day and it's my favorite spotify feature. Please bring it back!

Updated on 2019-09-17

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Community, and adding your vote to this idea!

We're setting this idea to 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement. We appreciate you sharing your thoughts.

If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

Thanks

Comments
rkra

Folks, move to Amazon Music. There is an option to play Playlist in Shuffle Mode, for free users too.

Just say: ALEXA, PLAY MY MUSIC

It's working. That's why I'm thinking about to leave Spotify.

pcferreira

I'm using Deezer. I'm satisfied. 

strannik
I won't move to Amazon Music, because it tried to take over and rename
my music collection.  I have a lot of rare album and tracks that
identifying software inevitably gets wrong. A lot of people experienced
grief, because Apple music trashed their ID tags on their music, and
even renamed filenames.

The other reason that I won't is because I am a DJ, and Spotify works
with my DJ software and deck.  This allows me to play just about
anything.  Since Spotify won't play nested lists above one folder, it
just means that I am creating a LOT more playlists for every level of
nesting.  If they prefer that the DB is loaded with 3 times the lists,
vs. having to grab a bunch of nested lists, then so be it.
mjbaldwin

Spotify please reconsider!

You already support it on desktop. The infrastructure is there. All you have to do is add a button "shuffle all" at the top of the playlist folder, next to "+Create Playlist".

PLEASE! Some of us like to listen to *all* our music on random. PLEASE!

pcferreira
  1. I don't wanna create a playlist. I want use a playlist with shuffle. Not a new playlist. 
csky

@pcferreira

Shuffling s playlist has never been a problem, if you mean Spotify (and not Deezer)...

csky

I am theoretisizing here: I think they simply may not be capable of doing it because the player does not skip randomly from a subfolder to another subfolder and randomly chooses songs. It more likely doesn't work like  that. Instead, I am quite sure but not certain, it would need the Spotify program to create a temporary playlist on the fly, containing all songs in all (virtual) subfolders, which either could exceed the 10'000 song limit and then wouldn't possibly work or simply because there would be needed more temporary space that would slow down the system. This may not be of a problem in the desktop version, obviously, since it works there.

If you work at Spotify and would like to deny this, please feel free to do so.
Until then, I will continue using the free version and my own huge MP3 collection.

pcferreira

The topic of this topic is the removal of the function of playing songs in random order. As Spotify hasn't done anything so far I decided to switch to Deezer. It plays all the songs in the playlists in random order for free and premium users. I'm not going to stay here on the forum talking about it anymore. Those who are not satisfied with Spotify make the switch to Deezer. I did and I am satisfied.

MS8
I don’t get it. They can do this on the desktop version. They were able to do this before also on the mobile version. It’s just bad code and low priority to fix it. Period.
pcferreira

I think Spotify's support doesn't really care for users. The simplest audio player has the option to play the songs randomly present in the application. What would be the reason for taking this role away from free users unless they become premium.