Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Option to remove DJ from Your Library

I recently tried the new DJ feature and, afterwards, the DJ playlist icon appeared in my Library. I did not pin this feature. I also cannot remove said feature. Why does a one-time use turn into permanent residence?

DJ.jpg

Updated on 2023-07-30

Hey! It looks like your suggestion is growing up fast and it's amazing! We are going to change its status to 'Good Suggestion' now and we hope it continues being supported by more and more users.
Thanks again for your suggestion. We really appreciate it 🙂

More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.

Comments
jacsmomo

I just found a Reddit post explaining how to do it. 

Create a folder, drag the DJ in to the folder, delete the folder. (Desktop)

barnes

Just checked my Spotify and thankfully the DJ function is gone... or I just can't see it. Anyways I hope it's gone completely and for you all, too! Now, it'd be lovely if they changed the mobile layout on desktop back to what it was originally lol

wbxi_7-1ref9c

Get rid of DJ option.  Terribly confusing to turn off.

danielklimovich

I want this gone, too. I hate it.

mikewoof

Need this addressed ASAP. I gave it a go a while back and did not enjoy that DJ whatsoever. I’m tired of seeing this thing pinned in my Library/Playlists. RIP to user control and freedom on Spotify. It’s gotten worse and worse in recent years.

ryanxvx

Dragging into a folder and deleting it worked for me.

rumyo103

It can be removed..... What are you all talking about. Someone has even said it here in the comments. Have a look. 

trevorscott1958

We need to get rid of this stupid DJ thing that has appeared. Tried to remove it but seems it won't go away. 

sptfyalgorithmsucks

If you can't remove the DJ, at least give it chatbot functionality so I can make it feel bad verbally. Then we'd be square. Otherwise, please pull its plug

sallyanne6789

Please remove this feature or else my brain will explode.. Thank you!