Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Playlists] Limit Editing Access in Collaborative Playlists

This problem has already been addressed in other ideas quite a few times, so I'll make it brief. At the moment, anyone can edit a collaborative playlist. There are numerous ways to solve this, e.g. granting the creator the right to put people on blacklists or whitelists. Another easy fix that might be a separate link for the creator to share only with persons who shoud be able to add and delete song! It would already help a lot 🙂

Hey everyone!

We're happy to announce that you will soon have new options for managing collaborative playlists - they are rolling out to everyone over the coming weeks.

Users will have the ability to review who currently has access to individual playlists, share collaborative playlists with large public groups, or keep them small and private for that special tightly-knit group of friends.

You will be able to:
  • Pick your favorites. As a playlist creator, you can now invite or remove users from collaborating on your playlists, meaning there’s more control over who has access to editing the content you love.
  • Share privately. You can now set your collaborative playlists to private, so no one can view, search, listen to or share a playlist– except for those chosen few who have been invited or given collaborative access.
  • Change your mind? At any given time, a playlist owner has the power to see, add and remove who gets to collaborate and follow their playlists.
For details on how the feature works, see:

Because of this change, this other idea is also being implemented. 

If you don't see this yet, don't worry. Just make sure to keep your app up to date and it should be available for you soon. 

Thanks for giving us your feedback in the Community.
Comments
minhkhang1795

It took them a year or so and they still can't implement it! Not only there are a lot of spam users on Spotify who will come in and add **bleep** to your playlist, Spotify does not have a mechanism to prevent such spam! There is no way to report these users effectively.

codderz
Spotify Budget:
Management Budget: $1b
Joe Rogan: $200m
Artists: $1000
Developers: $0

Please help me. My platform is dieing
lilzyzhang

Currently also having the same issue with Pesukone bots adding songs, but this time the song won't even delete when I click "remove from playlist" 😞

Dianneman

Please vote and unite in this master thread. Makes it more urgent and easier to keep an eye on updates.

--> https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Playlists-Limit-Editing-Access-in-Collaborative-Playlist... <--

eeedana

I can no longer remove the songs added by bots to my collaborative playlists. Please fix this soon!!

Julian
Status changed to: Implemented
Hey everyone!

We're happy to announce that you will soon have new options for managing collaborative playlists - they are rolling out to everyone over the coming weeks.

Users will have the ability to review who currently has access to individual playlists, share collaborative playlists with large public groups, or keep them small and private for that special tightly-knit group of friends.

You will be able to:
  • Pick your favorites. As a playlist creator, you can now invite or remove users from collaborating on your playlists, meaning there’s more control over who has access to editing the content you love.
  • Share privately. You can now set your collaborative playlists to private, so no one can view, search, listen to or share a playlist– except for those chosen few who have been invited or given collaborative access.
  • Change your mind? At any given time, a playlist owner has the power to see, add and remove who gets to collaborate and follow their playlists.
For details on how the feature works, see:

Because of this change, this other idea is also being implemented. 

If you don't see this yet, don't worry. Just make sure to keep your app up to date and it should be available for you soon. 

Thanks for giving us your feedback in the Community.
Jendon

Awesome. Thanks for the info, Julian!

eursula

Awesome, so pleased to hear this has been looked at by Spotify, and functionality updated!

F4t4lStudent

As me and my close friends sometimes make playlists together, it would be an extra level of security to make a whitelist. In the past we have made backups of the playlist. Also it will allow us to send it to other people without worrying what will happen to the songs. Finally 2 random people joined one time