Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Playlists] More Playlist Sorting Options/Columns

Sort options within Spotify are severely lacking.

First, what's lacking outright:

sort by year, total plays, personal playcount, current popularity, genre, tempo, etc.

On top of that, sorting should be stackable, e.g. sort by album by year, or sort artist by total plays, etc.

This could apply to within the artists' pages as well, allowing us to sort through all their songs to better find music that suits our tastes.

Updated on 2020-01-23

Hi folks. Thanks for all your votes and comments. We like this idea, but at the moment we're not planning to do this.

If something should change we'll be sure to come back and provide an update.

Comments
BIGLOUDUK

Year of release is essential for sorting tunes in to playlists. Please implement. 

jamonpolo

In order to not saturate the screen with all the suggested new columns, it would be wonderful to allow people to custom the columns they want to appear. It could be configurable from the settings in program to choose wich columns you want to show in your screen.

Kalhagen

Great idea! If nothing else at least release date, that's pretty significant to know!

inkfish83

I have to say it say it too! Adding the  'sort by release date' option is important. Sometimes I just want to hear how a band grew and evolved over their whole discography...without have to make a entire play list. 

yoooooz

At the very least a realease_date collumn. This type of lack of feature is just so desapointing in spotify. Everytime this community seems noticing a lacking-feature it is never actually imlemented, so I doubt we'l  ever see that happen for the release_date collumn...

amandalamba

BPM PLEASE!!!!! Please add BPM!!! 

Auberthouse

I can't believe this was suggested years ago, and is a relatively simple feature compared to the others provided. Why has this not been done? It would take no time to develop? I didn't realise how poor Spotify was until I had a look around this community forum. 

samthemarsh

Auberthouse is right.

casparleopard

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE give us rthe year a record came out in the columns. It would make an enormous difference to being able to order and catagorising music into playlists without having to google it everytime!!!

THANKS

Archon810

I'd like to give 1 million votes to this. Genre, year, basic info, it's almost criminal that these cannot be seen in playlists and sorted on.