Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Playlists] Remove a song from a Blend and prevent similar songs

I had a suggestion for the new Spotify Blends that came out for Spotify. I really like this new feature and I think Spotify has done a really good job with it!

However, I listen to a genre that my friends do not like. I noticed that a lot of music of that genre appeared in my Spotify Blends even though I have other music in common with my friends that could appear instead. Right now, the only option is to 'hide the song' but that only works to hide the song from your own device.

Can we have a 'remove from playlist' option for songs that we don't like in the Blend? Removing the song should ideally be permanent, and should work on the entire playlist on all devices. Also, once we remove songs from the Blend, then can it prevent similar songs/songs of that genre from appearing again in the Blend? It would be even better if right after we remove a song, it is instantly replaced by a song that is different from it like it is learning from the feedback.

Thanks!

Updated on 2022-06-24

Hey! Looks like your idea is growing up fast and it's amazing! We are going to change its status to 'Good Suggestion' now and we hope it continues being supported by more and more users.
Thanks again for your suggestion. We really appreciate it 🙂

More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.

Comments
fishMan04

This would be a useful feature.

Spadent

This common sense idea should be an easy fix! 

s_3md-x7ltidp

So far my a blend with my significant other and I has been pretty good. However there are songs on there that just won't go away!  They were added due to a day of listening to them. Recreating the blend does nothing and hiding/skipping these songs just pushes them to the top! This would be amazing and would keep me from altering my listening habits just to push these songs off.

trisarahtoops

This PLEASE! My friend and I have one song that she listened to ONE TIME as a joke that populates every week. Neither of us like it or want to hear it. This should not be so difficult.

erisidae

This should be basic functionality. Introducing Blend as a "feature" without actually taking it out of beta is embarrassing. Who would use Blend if it's basically just a dice roll of every song you've ever listened to? It never gets updated, is wildly inaccurate and will completely make up songs and attribute them to me. Devs could have just had Blend match our current top songs and pick the ones with similar genres but I guess that's too hard for them.

marrowmuncher

This thread wont let me like it for some reason but I want to comment to say we really need this. It keeps putting on the blend an embarrassing song I listened to months ago. It's like Spotify is trying to make me look like an **bleep** in front of my friends. 

akuuntus

STOP PUTTING MY **bleep** MUSIC INTO THE FAMILY BLEND

marrowmuncher

This was a neat idea but reconsidering it I'm leaving all the blends I was invited to and not joining anymore until something is changed. It keeps playing the same songs with no variety for everyone in the blend and does not update to reflect what I've actually been listening to- along with insisting on putting embarrassing songs in the blend with no ability to remove the song or give guidance as to what sort of content you'd like to be shared. My friends have also been complaining and annoyed that the blend seems to "decide" on one or two particular artists to share for them regardless of whether or not they actually listen to that artist that much. I have also noticed that the person the song in the blend is "credited" to is wildly inaccurate. I have a handful of the songs that get shared in the blend that are credited to other people. Yet on some songs it credits them to multiple people. I thought this would be a cool way to keep up with what my friends have been listening to recently and share what I've been listening to recently with them but the way the program determines what songs to put on there leaves A LOT to be desired. It cranks out the same songs day after day. 

gzgis_d26-h1n

It's been like 2 years, can this be a thing?

Nicbie7

Please add this function!!!