Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Playlists] Remove a song from a Blend and prevent similar songs

I had a suggestion for the new Spotify Blends that came out for Spotify. I really like this new feature and I think Spotify has done a really good job with it!

However, I listen to a genre that my friends do not like. I noticed that a lot of music of that genre appeared in my Spotify Blends even though I have other music in common with my friends that could appear instead. Right now, the only option is to 'hide the song' but that only works to hide the song from your own device.

Can we have a 'remove from playlist' option for songs that we don't like in the Blend? Removing the song should ideally be permanent, and should work on the entire playlist on all devices. Also, once we remove songs from the Blend, then can it prevent similar songs/songs of that genre from appearing again in the Blend? It would be even better if right after we remove a song, it is instantly replaced by a song that is different from it like it is learning from the feedback.

Thanks!

Updated on 2022-06-24

Hey! Looks like your idea is growing up fast and it's amazing! We are going to change its status to 'Good Suggestion' now and we hope it continues being supported by more and more users.
Thanks again for your suggestion. We really appreciate it 🙂

More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.

Comments
erisidae

Bumping this as it still deserves to be implemented. It's been way too long to leave such a prominent feature unfinished.

vsc1berto

I discovered Blend this week, but it really annoys me that I can't remove a specific song.

Please add this feature. You can even make it premium, I would subscribe just to remove 1 or 2 songs. 😂 

Stripington

Come on it's been 2 years. How hard is it to add a 'delete' parameter so we can remove songs we've only listened to once but are then forever polluting the blend mix?

mattperry33

lets go, guys.

this is a no brainer. fix it.

Gwargh

Please implement this. Some of the songs added to a blend I'm in are being added practically every day and are enjoyed by no one at this point.

brainville

Please implement this. There are over 700 votes now 

tarupron

Please add this, my blends are all being polluted by music I put on for my kids at bed time...no one wants to listen to that

adamhofmann11

It's 2024, 3 years after this was originally suggested. It's still prevalent. As others have said, some people have kids that listen to Disney music. I listen to Marconi Union when I'm studying. 
It would be nice to have the option to remove specific artists or songs from a blend from future blends.

mattperry33
You can right click your kids playlist and click remove taste profile, but
things still get through. Would be nice....... Just saying...... But it
probably won't happen... Probably so low on their development project
management board(if at all) that they never even think about this.