Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Playlists] See which playlists a song has already been added to

Sometimes I think of or hear a song and I want to add it to a certain playlist but I’m not sure if it’s already in there, or I just want to know what playlists it’s in (e.g. I accidentally added the song to the wrong playlist and want to take it out, but wasn't sure which one I accidentally clicked/pressed on). It would be nice to to have a feature where you can check which playlists of yours a song has been added to. I know that you there’s a notification if it’s a duplicate, but it would be more convenient if the song is in multiple playlists to just see all of them at once rather than getting that notification one by one for all of them, if that make sense.

Edit: someone in the comments suggested having checkmarks next to the playlist names in the "Add to playlist" drop-down and that would be perfect!

Updated on 2024-02-09

Hi everyone,

Thank you for all the support and feedback you've given to this idea!

We have some exciting news to share with you: you can now tap the green check mark icon Check Mark Icon.png of a song/episode to see which playlists it's been saved in! You also get quick access to all of your playlists in case you want to add the song/episode to (or remove it from) some of your other playlists:

The playlists the item's been saved in will also have a check mark.The playlists the item's been saved in will also have a check mark.

Thanks again for helping us make Spotify better. We're always striving to provide the best possible user experience and your feedback is greatly appreciated.

Comments
Mario
Status changed to: Live Idea

Updated on 2021-06-14

Hey everyone,

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

Your suggestion has gathered the votes necessary and your feedback is now reaching the internal teams at Spotify. They're aware of the vote count and popularity of this idea. We'll continue to monitor and check out the comments here, too.

As soon as we have any updates on its status, we'll let you know.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

mbrenneman0

When you are browsing songs, if a song is already in a playlist in your library, then when you right click on that song (or tap the three dots for options) it should tell you which playlists it is already in incase you want to go to a playlist that you already made with that same vibe. I dont always remember what all my playlists are

wylieza

Soundcloud has this functionality and I use it all the time. Can't believe after all these years Spotify still lacks this feature.

7_k529ycf-xxa

need this 100% ! 🙂

jahmanharden-us

Great idea! I had similar Idea Called ["More Like..." "Just Like..."] You might like! Feel free to check it out! >>

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Idea-Submissions/quot-More-Like-quot-quot-Just-Like-quot/idi-p/5227...

Thanks for adding to the community!

-JBH

scottschaelling

PLEASE DO THIS!!! 🙏🙏🙏

issahecker

I have a lot of playlists, and sometimes I remember that I added a specific song into a specific playlist, but I cant find it in my tens of playlists. I'd like to suggest to be able to view what playlists added songs were added into. The format would be much like the current "Liked songs" bit when you go to an artists profile under their top songs, or it could be combined into the same folder. On the tab that comes up when you right-click, you would be able to click something like "view playlists" and then from there you can see exactly what playlists you've added the song into.  

This would also be helpful because sometimes I accidentally put a song into the wrong playlist without knowing, and then I can't find which one so I'm unable to remove it. 

I hope I'm not alone in finding this annoying lol

Marcie_Parkie

It would be nice that if I want to add a song to my playlists it would show in what playlists it already is.

Or if you search the song that it would show a highlighted list of the playlists you have added it too.

I sort music by  moods so a few playlists can have a few of the same songs and it would be nice to have that listed so that I dont have to remember it or look through 50 playlists to check.

skloud

A common situation:

1) You love Spotify so much, you use it every single day.

2) You find a good song or renew with one and you want to save it to a playlist

3) But you have hundreds of playlists categorize by genres, circumstances and mood

4) But this song happens to fit several of your playlists.. and you wonder:

Q1: Is this song already in my playlists?

Q2: If so, in which one/ones?

Here's a simple solution:

Show ✔ next to the playlists that contain that song

tick_playlist.png

Or add a visual hint on the song to know if it is already in a playlist

I was inspired by a partially solved idea that got left half implemented :

See in which of my Playlists a Song is in

yvfgqoxhtnn2j9p

I have more playlists that I can count, many of which are collaborative with friends. I'd like a feature where it's possible to see if a particular song is already on other playlists, the idea is to avoid adding the same song to similar themed playlists without going through all the existing ones.

For example:  Nirvana "Come as you are" is currently on your playlists:

Summer Tracks 2018

90's Alternative

Shred X 2021