[Playlists] Sort Playlists by Personal Play Count

This way if we come across a playlist or search results that are showing alot of songs, you can sort them by listen count so you can either listen to songs you have heard often that you know you already like, or conversely, you can listen to songs you have never heard and gradually make your way back to songs that you have heard more often.

I have included my mockup from photoshop what this could look like if implemented as i see it.

SPOTIFYIMPLEMENT.jpg

Updated on 2019-04-08

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Community, and adding your vote to this idea!

We've spoken to the team in charge of this and we're keeping this idea as 'Not Right Now'.

We appreciate you sharing your thoughts. If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

Thanks.

Related Ideas

Comments
Schymebc

That's a brilliant idea. By seeing counts we can sort out the music that we do not listen anymore in our music lists.

shanswami

Wholeheartedly support this idea. Seems like it'd be a simple implementation, just another column in our desktop view. Plus your end of the year emails with the year recaps show that you guys already have the data anyways

jblattnerNYC
Roadie

This would make playlists so much better, could even have most played songs of the summer, month, etc. Really great idea that should be implemented ASAP =)

SubzeroSC
Roadie

I have been wanting "play count" for songs in SPotify for years, this is the only feature of Google Music that makes me consider it over Spotify from time to time.

spacecadetjon

I can't vote for this because the playlist feature is too specific. While sorting our playlists by personal play count may be a good idea, I think a broader idea--that organizing playlists by a variety of ways--could get more votes and more attention.

dalecarter
Roadie

It should update the playlist cover art accordingly as well... Definitely not a necessary feature, but would be a neat addition

Spotify
Spotify
Status changed to: Not Right Now
Updated: 2017-01-16

Hey everyone, thanks for coming to the Community to show your support for a personal play count in Spotify playlists. While we absolutely like this idea, we don't have plans to implement this any time soon. We'll jump right back in here as soon as this is in our pipeline in order to give you a heads up. Until then please keep leaving your votes and comments here. Thanks!

Hazael

Mi idea es que haiga una opcion para que la app de spotify pueda volver a reproducir mis canciones ya descargadas sin tener que piratear

carl_harris
Roadie

I think this is an absolutely brilliant idea, this reminds me of the similar feature which Apple introduced in its early version of iTunes.

Woodster182
Music Fan

Shame this isn't in the development pipeline as it's the only thing missing from Spotify in my opinion. On iTunes I used to use the play count to help create favourite playlists and go looking for tracks I've not listened to before.

Come on Spotify, schedule it and make things perfect!! :)