Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Playlists] expand playlist song limit

there is a 10k songs limit pls expand it 

Updated on 2023-05-01

Hey! It looks like your suggestion is growing up fast and it's amazing! We are going to change its status to 'Good Suggestion' now and we hope it continues being supported by more and more users.
Thanks again for your suggestion. We really appreciate it 🙂

More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.

Comments
MateusAuri

Also having this problem in late 2023... whenever I try to add more songs to my list (beyond 9990 or so) through the desktop client, I get a "something went wrong" error. Web player adds 'em fine, but I don't want to keep swapping between them whenever I need to manage playlists, and mobile is out of the question because of the inferior interface. Why is there even a difference between desktop and web? And even if I keep using web to do that, I'll live in constant fear of running into some other unknown cosmic horror that will mess up my playlists beyond repair and make me lose data or some stuff like that.

Even though they theoretically lifted the limit, they say playlists close to 10k "may malfunction". So what's the point then? That's virtually the same as having the limit!

This is REALLY annoying.

jaydotwi

Just reached 9899 in my infinite indie radio playlist and there's no more room 😭 yes I'm a premium user. Please expand playlist max past 10,000

cayyyyylol

Please increase the maximum song limit on playlists !!

MauroR

I don't even understand why they put this limit, it shouldn't be a big problem making the playlist unlimited.

stuzzie88

It would be amazing already if only the 'liked songs' playlist can contains an unlimited amount of songs.

vaajy

This needs to happen now. Appel Music has 50 000 limit on lists.

There is no reason to make it at 10 especially now when you have decent discovery option: daily lists. I add daily amazing tracks, and since I have only one list where I drop radio edits only (if extended mix is too short or not available). I have right now over 6,036 tracks here and soon we will reach 10,000 easily. You need to start listening your customers instead of changing UI all the time.

10kSongsIsntEnough

this problem has been reported since 2016. 8 years of ignoring the problem. 8 years of horrible BS ideas when the perfect one was sitting right there under your nose the whole time, but yeah sure just hide behind "it didn't get enough upvotes to be brought up to the board." people have been complaining for 8 years, not everybody even knows you can vote on stuff like this. take a F@#KING hint & just remove the limit, or at least match other competitors. Apple music's limit is, quite literally, 5 times as much as spotifys. thats pathetic. honestly, if this problem isnt fixed SOON, i WILL be switching. 

nlackbestt

I'm already in the process of jumping ship. Spotify will crash and burn with nobody but themselves to blame.