Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Mobile] [Other] Smart Shuffle toggle setting in settings menu

Smart shuffle is a fun way to discover new songs, but it comes at a cost. Want to reshuffle your queue? Bam, wait a few seconds longer. Want to unshuffle your playlist? Bam, no longer works, and goes to a completely random place in the playlist.

To me this is an unwanted complication, and I'd much rather be able to choose in the settings menu whether I want to enable the Smart Shuffle feature, or disable it.

Updated on 2023-05-01

Hey! It looks like your suggestion is growing up fast and it's amazing! We are going to change its status to 'Good Suggestion' now and we hope it continues being supported by more and more users.
Thanks again for your suggestion. We really appreciate it 🙂

More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.

Comments
Mudana
  • Please add an opinion disable smart shuffle in settings, its very annoying to have to press shuffle twice and even wait to turn it off, especially as i used liked songs as my main listening area.

Renisence

I have loved using Spotify, until recently. While I still enjoy listening to my playlists, I do not care for smart shuffle at all. If I wanted recommendations, I would listen to a curated playlist. Instead, when I try to reshuffle my music, smart shuffle is automatically applied. I don't want it. Then when I turn it off, the songs it adds aren't always removed. It's incredibly frustrating, and is making my experience on the app irritable. I would love an option to turn the 'smart shuffle' off permanently, only to be turned on IF I WANTED IT. Instead of it being shoved onto me. 

Nordica

Agreed, I also want to disable smart shuffle.

Nordica

Yeah, I dislike smart shuffle also. I preferred the enhanced playlist feature instead.

omgitsaheathen

same, it is extremely annoying! 

Nordica

With every android spotify update Im hoping smart shuffle will disappear. Hopefully one day but one can only hope.

chevyash

its beyond annoying lol why not just keep the enhance playlist button??? i never used it but im pretty sure it does the exact same thing…also have any of you noticed that the like button next to songs in a playlist has disappeared? this is equally frustrating for me personally 

JustinRain

When I want to reshuffle my playlist i have to wait a couple of seconds for it to go into smart shuffle, after that I can finally go into normal shuffle mode. It would be amazing to just turn off smart shuffle

LinaBanana

Totally agreed I like re shuffle my list many times there should be a button to disable smart shuffle feature, so i don't need to wait couple seconds to shuffle again.

EricWise

I am also a half an hour away from canceling my subscription with Spotify because of the smart shuffle… I’m seeing articles about this from 2018 and 2022 and I’m just experiencing this feature now? And it is aweful…. I hate it and I don’t even wanna deal with Spotify anymore.