Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Remove the ridiculous monthly limit to lyrics and Enjoy lyrics on Spotify Premium.

FIRST OF ALL WHY DO WE HAVE A MONTHLY LIMIT TO LYRICS? AND WHY ON THE WEBSITE DO YOU HAVE TO BUY PREMIUM??? THIS IS RIDICULOUS! WHAT IS THE POINT? NOT TO MENTION YOU CAN ALSO JUST GOOGLE THE LYRCIS AND IF YOU WANT TO SEE THE LYRICS IN REAL TIME USE YOUTUBE I SWEAR SPOTIFY IS SO DUMB AND MONEY HUNGRY AT THIS POINT (VOTE SO SPOTIFY CAN GET RID OF THIS)

Update: now that I look back at it… LYRICS ARE A ACCESSIBILITY FEATURE WHICH IS MEANT FOR PEOPLE WHO HAVE HARD OF HEARING OR ARE DEAF. THIS IS THE SAME CONCEPT AS PUTTING A MONTHLY LIMIT TO CAPTIONS AND PUTTING CAPTIONS BEHIND A PAY WALL WHICH IS RIDICULOUS. SPOTIFY FIX YOUR APP AND WEBSITE AND TAKE BETTER NOTES. (BTW THEY DONT EVEN SHOW THE “THERES A MONTHLY LIMIT TO LYRICS” POP UP ANYMORE, IT JUST SAYS “There’s a monthly limit to lyrics (show lyrics)” LIKE HUH??? (IF YOU STILL DONT KNOW WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT CHECK THE 3RD PHOTO!)

KEEP VOTING SO SPOTIFY CAN REMOVE THIS!

(UPDATE: I THINK WE WON??)

THEY EVEN BROUGHT BACK THE LYRICS TO SONGS THAT HAD “Couldn’t load the lyrics for this song” **bleep**??

IMG_5996.jpg
IMG_6287.png
IMG_6288.png
Comments

Hey why does my Spotify only show 4 - 5 lyrics? just happened 2-3 weeks ago

LM52

THIS IS ACTUALLY CRAZY TO ME SPOTIFY

JeanieC

Music means everything to me, and I have always been a long-time, loyal Spotify user who refused to use any other music service. Unfortunately, I was laid off from my job and could no longer afford Spotify Premium, so I had to cancel it and go back to Spotify Free. However with this new development, unless this is rectified somehow, I feel I have no choice but to switch to another music service that will allow me to read the lyrics of the songs I am listening to at the very least. I really don’t want to because I love Spotify and feel I have built not only a big part of my life there, but also a community. I just don’t know what else to do with these recent changes. Even as a Spotify Free user, Spotify is STILL making money off of me via ads, yet even that combined with the ridiculous $10.99 monthly fee from Premium subscribers they STILL can’t afford to simply display lyrics??? I just don’t believe that. I think this is an extremely greedy move on Spotify’s part that will hurt them in the long run unless they bring back lyrics.

smoothwalker

OK, WHO DECIDED THIS WAS A GOOD FEATURE TO ENFORCE

showfeet1

Dolla dolla bill 🤑🫰

mattbarachko

As an artist on Spotify that makes like $5 a year I just KNOW none of the money they’re getting from this is going to go to us still

lupusk9

Unfortunately it's probably cause they use whatever "Musixmatch" is for lyrics and that probably costs them some amount of money. There definitely should not be a limit especially for premium users though that is crazy. They need to just implement some other way of getting the lyrics then.

EstTheGreat

Think of this from the business perspective, API calls cost money, free users do not pay a cent. Why would spotify be incentivised to make any feature free? Shouldn't you be grateful you get to listen to music in the first place? 

'I can just google it'. Then just Google it. 

I'll agree that spotify has made some questionable decisions, but this isn't one of them. This is plain and simple business. 

h5rtw3ll

i already have more than enough reason to switch to soundcloud with how there is way less ads and actual mobile support, but now this? your competition is lucky with how much you shoot yourself in the foot.

you can't even justify this, a lot of songs have no lyrics available/incorrect lyrics, why should we need to pay when there is a big con already?

Mitre226644

Listening to the lyrics is also an option