Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Remove Pop-Up Suggestions

I have all notifications turned off on my iPhone through Spotify settings, but I've been noticing increasing pop-ups telling me to check out these random new features or playlists or artists that I couldn't care less about if I tried.  HOW do I get rid of this? Pop ups once a day was irritating, but now they are occurring 3-5 times a day and I have HAD IT. HAD ITTT.

Updated on 2023-06-12

Hey, you all!
Just jumping in here to say that you can now choose not to get the pop-up recommendations anymore. It's straightforward to deactivate the feature, by just following these steps:

Step 1: When the pop-up recommendation appears on your screen, tap on the What's this button.

Screenshot_20230204_002121_Spotify.jpg 

Step 2: On the next screen, you just need to choose between don't get new recommendations from that specific artist or completely stopping to get the pop-ups definitely. 

Screenshot_20230204_002308_Spotify.jpg

Once you choose to stop getting the pop-up updates, there is no way to revert this action, so think carefully before doing this, ok? 🙂

Last, but not least, thanks for suggesting this one, and don't hesitate to give us a shout if you need help with anything...

Regards,

Luan

Comments
Eni
Status changed to: New Suggestion

Updated on 2023-04-30

Hello and thanks for submitting your idea to the Idea Exchange!

We've gone ahead and marked this as a new suggestion and changed the title slightly to make it easier to find.

Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Cheers!

Luan
Status changed to: Good Suggestion

Updated on 2023-05-01

Hey! It looks like your suggestion is growing up fast and it's amazing! We are going to change its status to 'Good Suggestion' now and we hope it continues being supported by more and more users.
Thanks again for your suggestion. We really appreciate it 🙂

More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.

Ultra_Veloce

If I pay for a service, I don't want pop-ups unless I enabled them. 

vaajy

Pop-ups should be only for free users.

I pay for Premium not to see ads you can dismiss. If any important notice to my account, you have email.

sairaj

yup only for free users

Listener1073101

Came here to say this after failing to reach any sort of customer service. I begrudgingly accepted podcasts, but every day I get “special gifts” from artists and “promoted” songs?  How is this not payola?!  

REDARROW101_A5

TBH I would like still add pop ups of new songs being released in home page or some where. I have considered getting premium, but scared of missing out on ads for new songs I may like or adverts for concert tickets. It would be nice if spotify did a playlist were I could look up the lastest music promotions.

Listener1073101

I do agree that there should be an area for this information. I just don’t want to feel FOMO on top of the craziness in life that I’m trying to avoid with diving into the music I want RIGHT NOW. 

vaajy

I got today again little banner on top of the home. Saying.

Are you sharing your account with friend? Get Duo Premium and listen separately.

What I don't like about this, I am not sharing it with anyone, and I do not have any friends or anyone to share it with.

There is no need to advertise me Duo when I am happy Premium individual.

AgonizingFury

These aren't just "suggestions", they are straight up advertisements. Something us Premium users have paid to NOT be exposed to, yet Spotify doesn't give a flying f***. They make more money, by being paid to show us advertisements while promising us an advertisement free experience. Having their cake and eating it too.

• Their not even trying to hide it anymore. The most recent one I received straight up admits that it's a "Sponsored Recommendation". 

Screenshot_20230505-065216.png