Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Remove the new “Resuming (insert playlist/ song here)“ feature

The feature is not only annoying it’s broken and if you search on Reddit about the new feature you will see it’s very unpopular and I’m not the only one with this complaint. 
When you resume playing from Spotify in a car, it has a 3-second A.I. voice saying “Resuming (insert song or playlist.”

Its annoying that you cant just go back to listening to your music, BUT also it turns off shuffle and repeat. So if you were shuffling a playlist or album you have to go back to the app and turn it on again.

If spotify is going to keep this feature it would be great to have a setting to turn it off or on because a lot of people agree its really annoying.

https://www.reddit.com/r/truespotify/s/42qlN9rJxP

https://www.reddit.com/r/truespotify/s/iLabDWV0pe

IMG_7988.png
Comments
adorkable1987

Why would you add this? Who asked for this? And why would you not include the ability to turn it off?

(The person who said it was gone in the new update is incorrect; I just heard this for the first time right now. I'm sitting in a parking lot instead of going home so that I can express how much I hated that experience.)

jbendigo

PLEASE at least give us the option to disable this "feature" 😩

nvxx

Seriously considering dropping Spotify over the continual "features" like this being added with no ability to disable it. I just want to listen to my damn music I want, not shitty announcements, not have it randomly decide to switch from my playlist to some smart shuffle **bleep** with songs I don't want to hear.

There literary hasn't been any useful changes added to Spotify in years but every change has had downsides.

floridamusic

Turn this garbage off.  I did not ask for it, so give me the option to remove it!  Otherwise spotify has been fantastic.  This is awful. 

ik66f4_zg-qsi

I really dislike this feature. At least give me an option to turn it off in the settings.

Transnerdguy
  • This was one of the dumbest features to magically show up on Spotify without any warning. I did not ask for this and I do not want this.
fpfasdkfjsdlf

As a Spotify subscriber of over a decade now this is the first thing that compelled me to comment on the service. Please remove this and fire the product owner that thought this up. What a pointless feature.

deerjerky

This honestly was one of the only things on Spotify that caused me to drop everything on my mind and spend 5-10 minutes scouring through my Settings wondering how to turn it off, and if I turned it on by accident. It's annoying because I am an avid Shuffle user, and this automatically turns it off; but more importantly, I know what I'm listening to, I picked the playlist myself, believe it or not! 

All in all, I hope they either remove it, or at least allow it to be disabled. I genuinely am somehow reminded of ads from the Spotify free plan (I use Premium) when I hear the announcer, and it doesn't put a good taste in my mouth.

shavipowell

It's horrible. I pay for MUSIC, not that garbage AI voice. Let us turn it off!

shavipowell

Devs, Spotify execs, whoever is listening: this is not just about the annoying voice anymore. This is about Spotify's increasingly bad reputation for pushing updates that degrade the user experience or even *break user stories* with no warning. It's about how chaotic and unreliable using Spotify is starting to feel.

What's next? Is the ability to view listening history going to go away? What about song radio? Are you going to do something else to break adding songs to playlists?? You realize how untrustworthy this platform feels every time you pull something like this, right?

Spotify just keeps digging themselves deeper and deeper into a hole of poor user sentiment. First rule of holes is stop digging.