Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Remove the ridiculous monthly limit to lyrics and Enjoy lyrics on Spotify Premium.

FIRST OF ALL WHY DO WE HAVE A MONTHLY LIMIT TO LYRICS? AND WHY ON THE WEBSITE DO YOU HAVE TO BUY PREMIUM??? THIS IS RIDICULOUS! WHAT IS THE POINT? NOT TO MENTION YOU CAN ALSO JUST GOOGLE THE LYRCIS AND IF YOU WANT TO SEE THE LYRICS IN REAL TIME USE YOUTUBE I SWEAR SPOTIFY IS SO DUMB AND MONEY HUNGRY AT THIS POINT (VOTE SO SPOTIFY CAN GET RID OF THIS)

Update: now that I look back at it… LYRICS ARE A ACCESSIBILITY FEATURE WHICH IS MEANT FOR PEOPLE WHO HAVE HARD OF HEARING OR ARE DEAF. THIS IS THE SAME CONCEPT AS PUTTING A MONTHLY LIMIT TO CAPTIONS AND PUTTING CAPTIONS BEHIND A PAY WALL WHICH IS RIDICULOUS. SPOTIFY FIX YOUR APP AND WEBSITE AND TAKE BETTER NOTES. (BTW THEY DONT EVEN SHOW THE “THERES A MONTHLY LIMIT TO LYRICS” POP UP ANYMORE, IT JUST SAYS “There’s a monthly limit to lyrics (show lyrics)” LIKE HUH???

KEEP VOTING SO SPOTIFY CAN REMOVE THIS!

IMG_5996.jpg
IMG_6287.png
IMG_6288.png
Comments
qvtanna

No because why do we have to pay to see lyrics?? Those lyrics should be free for everyone to see and use not JUST for premium. Spotify be better because no way you're making people PAY to see the lyrics.

Mitre226644

@222,

You can do whatever you’d like my friend. 

Best of luck to you!

Maishan57

Rip

Tkevin

I myself find this very ludicrous and dumb becaue

Paywalling T E X T is crazy

But meh

It is what it is

Companies get very money hungry and greedy

It happened with Roblox

It happened with Youtube

Discord

Etc

And now spotify

This is gor to be the stupidest thing Spotify could ever do

gamepotato

Plan

Premium

Country

Spain

Device

OnePlus 8T

Operating System

Android 14

My Question or Issue

All lyrics on songs cut off after the first five lines. They don't scroll, they just stay there. I've logged out and back in, cleared cache, closed and reopened the app... But the issue stays.

Screenshot_2024-05-11-09-25-21-31_0438eb925998df20b3482ec25499d226.jpg
Cenimm

They use a service instead of implementing there own lyrics and thats the reason i guess

no_1_eraserhead_fan

SOME PEOPLE CAN'T AFFORD PREMIUM SO DON'T TAKE AWAY THE LYRICS!! IT DOESN'T MAKE ANY SENSE, STOP MAKING EVERYTHING INCONVENIENT SPOTIFY.

220li9qxcs79ofvhk73m

The service they use for lyrics is Musixmatch, but Musixmatch does not charge to show lyrics. Even in their own app, Musi only paywalls word-for-word sync, lyrics and even it showing line per line is accessible for free. So what Spotify is paywalling is something their lyrics service offers for free. Not only is that messed up and inconvenient, but it's not even something that should be paywalled at all. The lyrics themself are not something Spotify owns or has to pay for to get; if that weren't the case, they probably never would have shown lyrics for free to begin with.

This isn't just an instance of Spotify doing a normal greedy corporation thing to just deal with though. Paywalling lyrics is a giant kick to the deaf/HoH community (yes, they do listen to music), because similarly to using closed captions, deaf/HoH people use lyrics, preferably synced ones, as an accessibility tool that lets them enjoy music similarly to hearing people. Even if you can hear fine, this is probably inconvenient for you, however, for deaf/HoH people, it's a like Spotify just paywalled all the music with vocals, but only for them (i.e. removed equal accessibility). Now, closed captions are not something that can legally be charged for (even if there's a cost to implement/maintain them), because equal access is a right, and disabled people need reasonable accommodations to actually have equal access. So what Spotify is doing (intentionally or not) is trying to monetize the thing that allows deaf/HoH people to have equal access, and that's why this is alot more than just an inconvenience or something like paying for more text.

somnomania

i miss 8tracks so bad, you could put things in the order you wanted and be sure that everyone else listening would get them in the same order, you could add your own liner notes, you could upload different versions of songs, it was just a good setup and i still dearly miss it. spotify, you SUCK for this, you already didn't have lyrics for roughly half of what i listen to (including stuff from big name groups), and while i don't get ads because i'm on desktop and have an ad blocker, this might drive me away. it's 100% an accessibility thing, same as using closed captioning or subtitles on visual media, and locking it behind a paywall is just a rude, money-grabbing thing to do. change it, or you're going to be hemorrhaging users.

leebot7000

this is insane. seriously, how greedy can this company get?