Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Smart TV] Screensaver on Smart-TV

Hi there!

It would be nice if there was a screensaver available in your app. This seems to be easy improvement and it's been asked multiple times over the years. It appears that community is ignored by the Spotify team despite all the money you make on your users. It's a problem for me not only because of screen burn out on the TV but also pictures on the screen are unneccessary distraction especially for kids while I just would like to listen to the music.

Updated on 2021-06-13

Hey everyone,

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

Your suggestion has gathered the votes necessary and your feedback is now reaching the internal teams at Spotify. They're aware of the vote count and popularity of this idea. We'll continue to monitor and check out the comments here, too.

As soon as we have any updates on its status, we'll let you know.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Comments
pjo666
When ever this request pops up Dpotify cloes it stating not enough kudos or someother bogus reason. Pretty much like Samsung. This is the time! Compamies don't listen to the comsumers=owner of product, and will fo anything to keep us out=modify it to our liking!
Peter

Hey everyone!

Thanks for coming to the Community and adding your votes to this idea.

We're just checking in to let you know that there's been an update for most Big Screen users in the Now Playing view. Although it's not quite a screensaver, this does fade away everything but the music content - controls, logo and additional information! Don’t worry it will all be back as soon as you interact with the remote.

If there are any other updates, we'll check back in here.

Thanks!

Myrilla

Hi Peter!

Thanks for letting us know! It’s many times better than before, but I still whish there was a way to turn off screen. Not so cozy with screen on when you just want to listen to music. Thanks!

ManuMateos

Hi Peter, thanks for letting us know and for the update. That's definitely an improvement. 

But I still think that isn't the best solution: users with OLED screens would still get some content burned if they use a lot a Spotify app on any platform. It would be good enough to hide everything, or display Genius content if available, or the lyrics if available… Some kind of dynamic content, and of course not the controls permanently in the screen. 

Mr_Elan

It would be nice if it was possible to get some dynamic content while playing (on the Android TV app and while using Chromecast).

Something like the current "Now Playing view", which is pretty good, but with a full screen simple music visualizer in background , instead of the static image. To prevent screens burns, especially for OLED screens.

Lot of people are using Spotify on their TV, so it would really be a nice improvement for the TV App.

-Gump-

So it's 2021. Firesticks, Chromecasts and OLED TVs are a thing. 

Where's the screensaver?

Do you know how many users don't know about these comment sections? Which is why the request for a screen saver isn't popular. I only found this purely by accident. 

Do you know how easily screen burn in can occur on an OLED TV?

Come on Spotify. It's time to get with the 90's and put a screensaver in the app. 

Spigs

My nice TV ruined by spotify's laziness. I love you guys but come on, this is a simple fix.

Mario
Status changed to: Live Idea

Updated on 2021-06-13

Hey everyone,

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

Your suggestion has gathered the votes necessary and your feedback is now reaching the internal teams at Spotify. They're aware of the vote count and popularity of this idea. We'll continue to monitor and check out the comments here, too.

As soon as we have any updates on its status, we'll let you know.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Abstrusity

A lot of TVs are subject to burning if the image stays on the screen for extended period of time.

It would be nice for the Spotify tvOS app to allow the Apple TV to fallback to screensaver when nothing has been playing for a specific period of time.

NeonJunkie

Just about every major music player has a built in visualizer. To the coders at spotify. ProjectM is open source visualizer. The hard parts done. Just integrate it into spotify, and have an option to enable and disable for users who don't want it. No point in using a TV with spotify if its just a static image wrecking peoples TV. I like to chill and listen, im not jogging, get some visuals for us couch people.