Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Songs should show the type of genre it is

Sometimes you discover a certain song that becomes your top 1 favorite and you want more of that specific style, but you don't even have any idea of what genre could it be. It happens me a lot with EDM music, and Rock music, I love so much certain songs but its hard to find a similar one when I don't know what type of genre it is. For example I found "Don't say goodbye" by Alok and the rhythm is the exact style I love to hear in Electronic music but I have not a single clue of what type o genre could it belong to. 

Updated on 2022-04-08

Hey! Looks like your idea is growing up fast and it's amazing! We are going to change its status to 'Good Suggestion' now and we hope it continues being supported by more and more users.
Thanks again for your suggestion. We really appreciate it 🙂

More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.

Comments
rikverstraete

and together with genre, release year too please ! 

rikverstraete

and songs should display the year released also (preferable not the year of the compilation )

Estoney7

This should be a filter on the desktop app too! Not sure why it isn’t yet.

TheBixbyte

I think a perfect fix to the issue of Spotify's database getting genres wrong is to allow artists themselves to tag their songs and make it visible. And allowing them to add multiple tags (kind of how Steam games are tagged) removes the restrictions of only allowing one.

DeejayNO1

True, it would be easier with the wide range of genres around. Then I would know what  exact genre I'm listening to.

pooppk

spotify already has such tags internally, plugins  allow to see them, they are not accurate sometimes, look into https://everynoise.com/

pooppk_0-1676544882571.png

pooppk_1-1676544915822.png

Nomosapien

This should be a live idea. The threshold for live ideas is only 500 votes. Spotify do your job please.

TwistedRayn

This would be awesome to have.

Also should not be so hard to implement because every year in the spotify wrapped we get to see, which genre we listened to the most, so the songs already have to hold the info of the genre.

nikoletta8

Love this 

Sr18

Idk if I would want the genre for every song, but it would be great to have it on the artists page.