Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Turn off Lyrics

There must be a way to turn off lyrics, my kids read all offensive lyrics to easily, should be easy to add an options for lyrics on/off

Updated on 2023-03-31

Hey! It looks like your suggestion is growing up fast and it's amazing! We are going to change its status to 'Good Suggestion' now and we hope it continues being supported by more and more users.
Thanks again for your suggestion. We really appreciate it 🙂

More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.

Comments
Drelen13

+1 vote for an option to disable lyrics. Please.

bosi

Spotity, when are you going to fix this bug?

Tiburan

This is not going anywhere!

113 votes is nothing compared to the 182 million users who apparently do not have an issue with lyrics. 

Trust me I am not advocating on their behalf, I asked politely for an option to toggle lyrics a looooong time ago. 

Either way if we want this topic to cover more ground we need to mass share it on social media wherever we can. With enough reach something might actually happen. 

May the odds be forever in our favor...

jazzmanDE

just put in a button to turn it on/off.... it takes just a few minutes...... and everybody will be happy:-)

imsulzer

Quite Annoying. It should be a logical and rational choice to have it "optional".

Hard to select parts of the song without swiping up on your phone by accident.

Also, even with the lyric sync'd, the status bar at the bottom is never accurate, it doesnt move correctly with the song. 

Please upgrade from "Good Suggestion" to "Yes, this makes sense", because thats rational.

If you want lyrics, click the box in settings, if you dont, unclick from settings. 

Luan
Status changed to: Closed - Not Enough Votes

Updated on 2022-06-24

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos yet. In order to keep an overview of the active ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However, this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to continue sharing it to get more kudos. Folks can still add their votes and comments in order to support it.

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here.

bosi

Please implement this option as it also would fix the usability bug that you introduced. I doesn't cost much to add one more option to give people the freedom to choose.

bbionicc

When try to scroll the song forwards or backward the bar gets stuck because of the lyrics that makes the screen move up and down, really frustrating, need to able to disable this in settings.

grovetreemike

Definitely need a way to disable lyrics. I’ve never used it. It clutters the bottom of the screen. Seems unnecessary for a lot of users. I was surprised to find there isn’t already an option to hide them. Please let us turn off lyrics. 

Thimee

Since Spotify doesn't seem to care that this is a hugely annoying part of the app for those of us who dislike animated karaoke being shoved in our faces when trying to use the music controls, has anyone figured out an alternate way to kill the Lyrics page in the app?

Are there some proxy rules I can add to prevent the Spotify app from being able to reach a lyrics server or address, effectively neutering them?