Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Turn off Lyrics

There must be a way to turn off lyrics, my kids read all offensive lyrics to easily, should be easy to add an options for lyrics on/off

Updated on 2023-03-31

Hey! It looks like your suggestion is growing up fast and it's amazing! We are going to change its status to 'Good Suggestion' now and we hope it continues being supported by more and more users.
Thanks again for your suggestion. We really appreciate it 🙂

More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.

Comments
Sfeatherstone

Please let us turn off the lyrics on Spotify, especially for our kids who want to listen to clean versions of songs, but not read explicit lyrics 

DebayoManuel

It still amazes me why Spotify hasn’t give an option to toggle the lyrics off.. the lyrics UI design are so bad and we should be able to turn them off . 

thristan

TBH, I miss those days when I can listen to music on Spotify using a mobile device without the lyrics tab.  It can be tempting if it's a different color from the background, for those who don't care about lyrics.  But if that's making it impossible to switch tracks by swiping horizontally, can't you just tap these buttons   instead?

Lyrics lovers like this feature because they won't have to open another website if they want to sing along.  But you must know that not even those sites provide accurate lyrics.  If you find mistakes in the lyrics on Spotify or that they're for a different song, you can always open an account on Musixmatch in order to correct the lyrics!  You just gotta be aware that the site has rules for transcribing them.

bosi

No, there is a big difference between hitting this tiny forward button and swiping. The latter is much easier - you don't even need to look at the screen. This bug can easily be solved with an option, lyrics on or off. Why is that so difficult spotify?

thristan

I see where this is coming from.  All along I didn't care about the absence of lyrics because I'd much rather jam on my instruments or dance to the songs.  Some of them have only a single lyrical line and that's it, a long interlude in between a few lines, or one line that repeats all throughout the track, which can be boring to read (all of these would apply to EDM).  What makes me not want to look at the lyrics is that I have concerns about them due to Musixmatch catalog issues, or not being able to correct the words because they were last edited by someone with a higher position than me on the contributors' team (I don't always agree with their views on word formatting).  I now understand that people enjoy songs even if they don't understand the lyrics, and won't have to read them if they don't speak that language.  So yes, the mobile version needs a toggle on/off button for the lyrics like how it's done in computers.

joebobby72

I think its not just about the visual pollution. Its very easy to accidentally tap on a line of lyric when you’re looking at the lyrics, which skips to that portion of the song!!! How can that be the what the user expects. Who goes like, let me listen to my favourite song, ooh let me skip a few lines. Please either:

1. add a toggle to the lyric feature

2. add to toggle to jump to a part of the lyric

Yordan
Status changed to: New Suggestion

Updated on 2023-03-28

Hello everyone and thanks for submitting your feedback to the Idea Exchange!

We've gone ahead and marked this idea as a new suggestion. Spotify Staff will look into it once it reaches the necessary amount of votes.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Cheers!

thristan
add a toggle to the lyric feature

The computer version is already doing this.  The mic icon is the switch.

add to toggle to jump to a part of the lyric

Hasn't this been implemented since June of last year?

Luan
Status changed to: Good Suggestion

Updated on 2023-03-31

Hey! It looks like your suggestion is growing up fast and it's amazing! We are going to change its status to 'Good Suggestion' now and we hope it continues being supported by more and more users.
Thanks again for your suggestion. We really appreciate it 🙂

More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.