Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Turn off Lyrics

There must be a way to turn off lyrics, my kids read all offensive lyrics to easily, should be easy to add an options for lyrics on/off

Updated on 2023-03-31

Hey! It looks like your suggestion is growing up fast and it's amazing! We are going to change its status to 'Good Suggestion' now and we hope it continues being supported by more and more users.
Thanks again for your suggestion. We really appreciate it 🙂

More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.

Comments
Suleymantekin

I mean I don't know I felt sad after seeing that lyrics came into Spotify and I don't know how to disable it. I mean it's better without looking up to lyrics from the app. I miss Googling lyrics you know.

Korven

What is the point with lyrics to all songs? 

I never sing to the songs, i never look up lyrics.

Please let us toggle this lyrics feature off. It is really annoying.

Xenia
Status changed to: New Suggestion

Updated on 2021-11-20

Hello and thanks for submitting your idea to the Idea Exchange!

We've gone ahead and marked this as a New Suggestion. Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Failemon

Yes this!

Just noticed the change when i opened my Liked Songs playlist and saw that Spotify has the lyrics to like 90% of them. That's great.

But I don't need to see that when looking for a particular song. It just makes the whole playlist experience cluttered and annoying, especially for something i will never ever use. You have lyrics? Cool. But that's not why I was looking for a song.

Pretty please let me disable this?

TheColin

this is hilarious

Dean19

100% agree. In a list of tracks where some do and some don't have lyrics, the list looks really ugly and cluttered, the exact oppisite of good UI design. How this isn't a hidden or context driven is beyond me. It looks really bad. 

FlameBlight

Spotify Lyrics are a nice addition for users that want them, but give us the option to turn them off like Canvas in the Settings menu. Personally I'd rather save the data/battery power. This would be less of an issue if I couldn't see the top of it peeking up under the progress bar (even without scrolling down) but as it stands Lyrics are just a neon-colored eyesore to me.

donaldmlivingstone
  • d
thequeenofthorns

I agree. And for once, the ugliness is the least of my worries. What makes me mad is that when I want to change the song by swiping, the lyrics will slide up instead. Terribly inconvenient. 

Smck9

While the new lyrics feature is fun I have found that it AGSRESSIVELY uses cellular data even when all of the current data saver settings are enabled. The ability to turn this feature off (or disable it when not connected to wifi) would be great. Until then I have to fully disable cellular data for Spotify.