Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Turn off Lyrics

There must be a way to turn off lyrics, my kids read all offensive lyrics to easily, should be easy to add an options for lyrics on/off

Updated on 2023-03-31

Hey! It looks like your suggestion is growing up fast and it's amazing! We are going to change its status to 'Good Suggestion' now and we hope it continues being supported by more and more users.
Thanks again for your suggestion. We really appreciate it 🙂

More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.

Comments
guilhermesommer

For the love of god, just put the option back so we can have both ways. It's not that hard (to understand and to do it), honestly.

Rozzdawg111

An option to turn lyrics off would be great ! On a side note “keep it simple Stupid” or you’ll end up with more issues 

Luan
Status changed to: Good Suggestion

Updated on 2022-02-02

Hey! Looks like your idea is growing up fast and it's amazing! We are going to change its status to 'Good Suggestion' now and we hope it continues being supported by more and more users.
Thanks again for your suggestion. We really appreciate it 🙂

More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.

Flossie500

Couldn’t agree more with other posters. This feature is so annoying. Great if people want to see lyrics but please don’t degrade the experience for those of us who don’t. 

bosi

I see that this design flaw is still out there. Luan, WHEN are Spotify going to fix this bug?

bluegreenyellow

Dear Spotify,

I completely agree with this idea. Please remove the "lyrics" bar from the bottom of the screen.

The song playback screen is the most important screen of your app - it's the one people see most on average. You have to be very careful about adding visual pollution.

I have been a Spotify user since the beginning, and every year you add more buttons, images, options, graphics, animations, etc. to this screen. Many people don't like this. Right now there is a full time bright lyrics "block" at the bottom of my screen.  I don't need it, I don't want it and I didn't turn it on or ask for it...it's just visual pollution and makes the screen too busy. Please remove it and also review your internal policies and procedures for adding visual pollution in the future to keep the Spotify experience fun for everyone.

bosi

I see that a new version of the Android app is out as the layout and buttons are slightly changed, but this bug is still there. Why didn't you fix the usability bug??

Marinho1

Hi, 

The option disable Lyrics it’s not showing on spotify on IOS. 
My question is, I want the screen clean (like the songs when don’t have lyrics) but the small bar on the down of the screen continues there. For some who like just listen music is frustrating. 

nickoyo

I agree with many others here that the lyrics feature is poorly implemented, spoiling the look and usability of the interface.

I don't 'watch' my playlist (hi, YouTube!), so the option to turn off Canvas is great; and if I wanted lyrics, I could always Google more accurate content than Spotify currently provides (some tracks are hilariously displaying the lyrics to another song completely!).

If I was Adele asking for this change, you'd tweet me straight back, saying, 'Anything for you.'

As it is, I'm only a paying customer 🤣

rickelliott

This is important because the lyrics that are displayed are unedited.  My 10 year old son listens via his own account, with explicit lyrics turned off, and can listen to clean/edited versions of explicit songs.  The problem is that the full explicit lyrics are displayed, so while he doesn't hear the words, he can read them.  Please provide the ability to turn off displayed lyrics or have the displayed lyrics honor the explicit setting somehow, by either hiding the lyrics or censoring explicit words.