Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

WE NEED PURE SHUFFLE!

As many would have noticed, shuffle mode is not 100% random, as it depends on the popularity of the song, your last listen.

But I believe shuffle mode should be fully random, and then make a new setting called "enhanced shuffle" with those variables.

I absolutely love this app, but the one thing that's keeping it from being my favorite streaming service is this shuffle feature that only plays popular, and replayed songs. it infuriates me that the algorithm doesn't purely represent my/our music, and I desire to just turn off the app when songs constantly repeat.

Updated on 2024-01-27

We're thrilled to see that your suggestion is rapidly gaining popularity and we're updating its status to Good Suggestion.

We hope that it will continue to gain support from more users. Thank you for your valuable contribution - we truly appreciate it!

For more details about how the Ideas Exchange works, please refer to here.

Comments
BulziRob

I would like to have no repeats until all songs in playlist have been played, maybe shuffle tracks play count

kodaroberts

Another price increase and they still can’t give us basic shuffle capabilities??!! All I want is to be able to listen to my entire playlist with no repeats, like seriously what is so hard about that? I don’t want to listen to same 15 songs over and over. Why does Spotify have all these crazy features that most users don’t even use and shuffle has been broken forever. Every other single music app out there has this and now I have to pay even more?? This app just keeps getting worse the more stuff they add. I love this app and I’ve been a user for 8 years, but this seriously might make me switch. FIX THE THINGS PEOPLE ACTUALLY WANT SPOTIFY

LadyPenelopeC

I see Spotify has given this idea a "Good Suggestion" tag. I hope this means they follow through with some action as there are many ideas on this theme, all basically asking for a pure shuffle rather than over playing songs we've already listened to on repeat. An idea on this in 2021 has got over 3000+ votes and was passed on to Spotify's development team for consideration. So far - seems there is still no action. Just increasing numbers of frustrated users.

moonfish

My current solution for the horrible shuffle, is to never leave my playlist. If you stay on one playlist, it will never repeat songs until it played the whole playlist once. This takes away 100% of new music discovery, but I don't mind, that's how important proper shuffle is to me.

Rgierchak

It’s ridiculous with all the technology out there that Spotify, and all music apps, don’t have a true random shuffle without some stupid algorithm that “learns” what I listen to! I listen to all the songs in my library! That’s why I added them! Anyway, with that plus the price increase I will be getting Amazon Music which is included with my prime membership anyway.  If I’m forced fed the same songs at least it won’t cost me $144 a year.  I love Spotify but I’m tired of listening to the same 30 songs on a loop. I can now even predict which song is next on shuffle. 

miamiheat631

Please just give us true shuffle.  Just an option.  A toggle switch.  True shuffle on or off.  Like, why is that too much to ask.  When a feature is called shuffle, shouldn't it actually shuffle.  So many people have wanted this for years.  Yet Spotify doesn't give it to us.  Why?  I'm more curious than angry.

janmorez

So 6 months and 500+ votes later and nothing changed. The slimy response basically told us "Yeah we're not gonna do that because we'd rather pipe streams towards the big names". Shareholders gotta have their yacht!

Geoffyvr

Spotilicious is an app that can create a true random shuffle of your Spotify playlists. Along with a lot of other features.  Cheap. Well designed app.  

I gave up waiting for Spotify to give us real shuffle. 

teollo
great suggestion!
is it working well for you?
Haarp15

I cannot believe that we pay for this service and this common sense feature isn't default. It's a shame that multiple users are begging Spotify for this and it still hasn't been implemented.