Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Wear OS] Offline Music on Wear OS devices

Please add offline music support to the wearable without need to be connected to the main phone /tablet.

Eg Bluetooth headphones connected to my smartwatch listening to music while I'm running.

This is now supported by the watch OS http://officialandroid.blogspot.co.uk/2014/10/jogging-and-jamming-with-android-wear.html?m=1

Updated on 2021-09-07

Hey everyone,

Thanks for all the support you’ve shown in this idea and for the feedback since the roll-out began.

We’ve thoroughly relayed and discussed it with the Wear OS team and wanted to make a quick update on things you can expect to see first.

Regarding shuffle options, we’re happy to say that this feature is ready and will be gradually rolled out.

Separately, we can also confirm that the app keeps some info stored in order to reduce data usage. This includes previously played and downloaded content, which gets cleared when it hasn’t been played for a while. To offer the same amount of control as on the mobile app we’ll provide an option to manually clear the cache from the Settings menu.

Finally, we hear you on the point that the Spotify interface on your wrist should have the same Your Library as on other devices and have the same playlists available. If you don't see it already, you will soon.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts as we develop the Wear OS experience. We’ll keep you posted on any new updates, as soon as there are any.

Take care! 

Comments
Edimahler

Well, I just posted a new idea with the following text. Maybe someone is able to still read this here, before I get censored or even blocked. I'm really mad about how they are treating us...

"Dear Spotify team,

Why? I just ask, why?! Why are you ignoring all the meanings from your clients about this idea? Why aren't you answering there? Why are you obviously(!!!) hiding something and think, your users wouldn't see this? Why are you so ignorant, not even trying to just implement this function for more than 6.5 years?!?! Why do you give a SHlT about your users? Why are you not happy about the fact, that users try to find good ideas for Spotify?

Ignoring this idea or even arguing, that this idea was already discussed at another place would be highly ignorant against your paying customers.

So please(!), wake up finally and write about your problems about this feature! Just inform us! Don't ignore us. Explain us. Give us some information about this. Tell us about problems with licencing, tell us about other companies, which don't allow you to talk about this. Give us some hints. Respect your customers. Keep on programming functions, which are really wanted from customers. And again, INFORM US, PLEASE!

Thank you..."

Edimahler

Hey guys, you won't believe it!!!

As the new Wear OS is coming by the end of this year, many things are planned to be "improved". Not only the battery life and the speed of your watch will be improved, but also Spotify offline functionality will come, as one may read here!! (It's in German, but I'm pretty sure this content is also available in English somewhere, else use deepl):

https://www.digitec.ch/de/page/tizen-ist-tot-lang-lebe-wear-os-19961

Well, we have no proof for this yet and things may change again and again as we know - or not. 😉 But there's some hope!

The only thing about this is still: Why don't they tell us about this here from the Spotify team? Should it be a surprise? [/ironic mode off]

Let's keep positive and believe about those amazing news, right? 😉

iniemamocny

I will believe when I see. Too many bitter words were said, many expectations were diminished, i'm dissapointed. Things won't be between us as it used to be. My heart is bleeding and I don't know if it can be fixed 🤪

Edimahler

...found a link to an English video about it. For the ones, who are interested in the Spotify changes only, fast forward to 13:00. 😉

https://youtu.be/kYIb9g1r4lw

Yeah! Still can't believe, what they are telling us there! 🙂

FedeHippo

as iniemamocny said:

"I will believe it when i see it."

And IF it actually happens, I will bet that they will claim some**bleep** about it only being able to run on new upcoming watches, even though i guarantee they will just reskin the existing Spotify app for Wear OS. Just as @edimahler suggested years ago 

bonuslife3
Wow, that's... Exactly what we've been asking for all these years! It just
took the death of Google Play Music to make it happen... But I'm SURE
they're not related 😉😉🙄

Still, better late than... Never...
Edimahler

This is also my fear, that only new watches could be supported then... But in the video they "promised" to build up the Spotify app from scratch, as I understood. Well, we'll see. 'till then, my heart is bleeding, too! 😉

xakal86

Is the new version of Spotify app enabling offline music for Fitbit Versa 3/Sense? I believe Fitbit uses its own OS, but now that is a Google company, it may apply the upgrade aswell? In any case, it's a bit anachronistic not having his capability implemented.

T68L
Mabbott99

It's a shame that we are limited to a Deezer & Fitbit or Spotify & Garmin choice.

The Fitbit Versa 3 supports offline streaming with Deezer and Spotify offer offline streaming on Garmin watches. I feel like Fitbit and Spotify collaborating will only help both companies!