Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Your Library] Better way to get rid of songs across playlists and find where are they added.

So, right now if I want to remove a song from a playlist I have to into the playlist and then either search or scroll to delete it from the playlist. If I want to get rid of a song from all my playlists and liked songs. I have to remove it from liked songs and then remove it from every playlist individually. Now in Apple Music, it is good because we have a library option where we can just delete the track from the library and it is removed from every other playlist as well. I hate Apple Music's library management but this one thing is extremely useful.

So, I think we could use an option in the context menu which lets us delete a track from everywhere it is added.

Updated on 2023-01-24

Hey! Looks like your idea is growing up fast and it's amazing! We are going to change its status to 'Good Suggestion' now and we hope it continues being supported by more and more users.
Thanks again for your suggestion. We really appreciate it 🙂

More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.

Comments
Amayy

Would love that.

@gifflerr 

eschurr

I agree with this suggestion!  Please allow you to decide which playlists to remove the song from because you might not want to delete the song from every playlist in your library 

ajoneshawaii

I am having issues when I upload songs, and they are in my LIKED SONG category, but I deleted the songs from my PC, and now I can not remove them from my Spotify LIKED SONG category. It is so frustrating Spotify does not give you the tools to unlinked devices and songs, so you manage an error in their cloud sync.

Ereno

I thought something similar. I should be able to add and remove a song from playlists easily. Also, it would be useful for us to see which song is in which playlist. A simple (+) and (-) symbol beside playlists would be great when hovering on add to playlist.

eschurr

Hooray! This capability was effectively introduced as a by product of the "afd to multiple playlists" feature that was recently brought to Android phones. Thanks!