Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Your Library] Lyrics in offline mode

When I download songs to be able to listen them offline, I would like lyrics to also be downloaded. Currently internet connection is required to view the lyrics even if a song is downloaded. Competitor apps have the lyrics available in offline mode 

Updated on 2023-05-24

Hey! It looks like your suggestion is growing up fast and it's amazing! We are going to change its status to 'Good Suggestion' now and we hope it continues being supported by more and more users.
Thanks again for your suggestion. We really appreciate it 🙂

More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.

Comments
superswedishchef

I'd love to be able to read the lyrics of my downloaded music when I'm offline (displayed in the same way they are right now). Just like we can stream AND/OR download video to go with Joe Rogan, I think we should be able to stream AND/OR download lyrics for songs. Let me know if you need further elaboration.

LionEmpire

I am aware this has been suggested before, but each of the topics were closed, so I thought I would bump this.

I listen to a lot of Spotify offline as I don't have much mobile data. Sometime, I just want to know what someone says in their song, so I want to be able to see the lyrics. Realistically, lyrics for each song should only take a maximum of 50 kilobytes for each song, and that's for timings (done like subtitle files, image attached). For most songs, it should only take 5 kilobytes, meaning a thousand song lyrics should only take 5 megabytes. It could be an optional extra, it would just be nice to have the option. Realistically, it shouldn't be too hard to implement, as they already have a deal with Musixmatch for providing lyrics, and if that falls through, there are so many other lyrics sites out there that could potentially provide Spotify with a good deal. 

image_2022-05-12_201352522.png

Give me the damn lyrics.

sepotaurus_

+1 to this idea. I would love to see it come to life.

_MaveRick_

+1

How many votes are needed for prioritisation. Offline lyrics is essential for offline international music. 

lunight

we need this, please spotify....

3m90ih3rh8ibqtqpjze3

Please add downloadable lyrics, apple music does so why shouldn’t spotify, it would be very helpful thank you. 

niruvibes

upvote please add

Ellie0110

i’m the same opinion as the other commenters, i think it would be really nice to have such function

hopefully the spotify team will make it happen for us

cheers

ina

qthng

comment for algorithm, please make this happen ! T____T