Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Your Library] Lyrics in offline mode

When I download songs to be able to listen them offline, I would like lyrics to also be downloaded. Currently internet connection is required to view the lyrics even if a song is downloaded. Competitor apps have the lyrics available in offline mode 

Updated on 2023-05-24

Hey! It looks like your suggestion is growing up fast and it's amazing! We are going to change its status to 'Good Suggestion' now and we hope it continues being supported by more and more users.
Thanks again for your suggestion. We really appreciate it 🙂

More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.

Comments
LuciMorningstar

I love the new Lyrics feature that replaced the somewhat useless "Behind the Lyrics" feature. But, the new feature is unavailable if the device is offline. I wish there is an option to also save the lyrics on the device when downloading a song for offline viewing. It would be awesome.

Peter
Status changed to: Up for Votes

Updated on 2020-07-01

Thanks for submitting your idea to the Idea Exchange!

We've gone ahead and marked this as a new idea. Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Cheers!

sassylibz03

I agree. Please help vote for this idea so it may come to life. 🤞🏻

Jose_M
Status changed to: Closed - Not Enough Votes

Updated on 2021-03-23

Hello @LuciMorningstar!

It looks like your idea was posted a while ago but, unfortunately, it hasn't gathered the minimum amount of votes to stay active in the Ideas Exchange (50 votes in the first 3 months). I'll mark your idea as "Closed - Not Enough Votes". You can learn more on how the Ideas Exchange works here.

Have a nice day 🙂

Jaimelavie

I would like to be able to read my favorite song’s lyrics even if I don’t have internet. Please put an option to “download song and lyrics” for Premium Users like me. 

ardacanak360
Spoiler
Wouldn’t be awesome if we could download lyric’s with downloading songs, playlists. I’m okay with when you are offline lyrics don’t sync up with songs. Yesterday there were no cellular and I was listening my downloaded music then I wanted look at the lyrics there were none. 
It will be awesome if we can see lyrics when offline. 

Thanks for letting us to write our ideas. Thanks spotify
EfeSalman

It would be great if we could downland lyrics of songs too!

rishabhojha

I’m agree with you

you are right brother lyrics should be available in offline mode also 

Luan
Status changed to: Case Closed

Updated on 2022-01-20

Hey! Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange.
We've been keeping an eye on this submission for an extended period of time, and it doesn't seem this will reach the votes necessary to put it forward for prioritization.
As such, we're marking this case as closed. This includes any similar suggestions that are received.

If we do have any new information to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

More information about it can be found here.

limes007

+1

Please allow offline Lyrics