Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Your Library] Remove individual track from saved album

I don’t know when this change was made, but today I noticed that when I am looking through my saved music library by album, there are songs I specifically did not save for a reason, whether that be because it is a re-released song from a previous album I already have saved, or a song I just don’t like that I don’t want to play when I’m listening through an album. This change gives us way less control over our own saved music library. Please change it back. 

Updated on 2019-09-18

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Community, and adding your vote to this idea!

We're setting this idea to 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement. We appreciate you sharing your thoughts.

If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

Thanks

Comments
Bruce_Pyle
There is no other way to get what we want except by creating a playlist of the album with just the songs we like. An big investment of time if you like a ton of albums
Yeni7

Yes, Spotify!!! PLEASE bring  the back the way we could save just some of the songs from an album. Now the albums I saved in the past are ruined! Most of the times I DON'T SAVE THE WHOLE ALBUM, JUST A FEW SONGS. Now after the last update, I find that now all of the songs from all of the albums I had, are saved, even If I only had like 1 song saved before. There's a reason why I don't save whole albums!!! It's because I don't like the rest of the songs, If I don't like them or I don't want to listen to them, I JUST DON'T SAVE THEM! Don't  -MAKE ME- have them on my library even if I don't want to.

plasmaxwisp

As a person who listens to complete albums mostly, the new update upset me more than anything else in my 3-year spotify-listening experience. It's simple: sometimes there's a song you don't want on an album, so you could remove the song, saving me the effort of skipping over it or deleting it from my queue. Some albums I pared down to half the length. Now, I can no longer do this I'm deeply saddened.  Tell your UX team that you've added actions to my everyday user flow.

dbazile

Bueller?

The inaction and total radio silence on this issue is really burning through user goodwill here, Spotify. 😕

Kappa54

@Bruce_Pyle wrote:

This is truly a terrible update. There are 10,000 bells and whistles in this app, but they ruined the one simple, useful feature of being able to save just the songs you like from a given album. My album library is now unplayable. Time to look for alternatives to Spotify. Who are the goofballs that make these decisions?

This a 1000 times. I can not fathom why one would remove features like that. Makes me want to go back to youtube. Why pay for convenience if it's no longer there.

dbazile

Just so y'all know I'm not just throwing shade over here wrt "user goodwill", I wanted to post this clarification of my above post in hopes that someone at Spotify will read it.

Definite props to you guys for supporting a desktop app for Linux where the bigger fish, e.g., Apple (obnoxious but understandable I suppose), Google and Amazon (who really have no excuse considering how much investment those two have in Linux), completely ignore us.  But when you guys go and remove bits of near-critical functionality without warning or recourse, that puts you on ground to be disrupted (or whatever the parlance of the week is) if and when one of the other players decides to pull their head out of the sand.  I use the Spotify Linux desktop app every single day (which still works properly wrt album filtering), but I live in fear of updates because at any time you guys can kick the chair out from under me like you did with the iOS app.

Maybe it's the case that you guys are shuffling big parts of your UI architecture around to increase engagement with podcasts and/or deal with technical debt which means new UI component trees and whatnot and maybe the functionality hasn't yet been ported over from the legacy stuff.  But you guys haven't confirmed in either direction which only feeds the increasing frustration in these threads that you guys simply don't care about paying customers opinions, especially in the face of news reports that you guys are actively working the UI at least around podcasts.  Yes, some of us here are hyperbolic/hyperventilating/chest-thumping but surely you understand the frustration this change has generated?

I meant what I said about "y'all making me homesick for Apple Music".  I was generally happy with availability and functionality of AM, but the deal breaker is they don't officially support any web or Linux player at all (I don't use macOS at work anymore, won't go to Windows and there's no stinkin' way I'm running Wine + iTunes just for music).  I may end up moving to YouTube Music if that ever drops an official desktop client if I don't feel like Spotify actually has a mindset of providing (and keeping) things that we paying customers are expecting.  Or maybe I forego media keys and just use a web player, which opens my options to one of the big two...

TL;DR, if I may be so presumptuous as to assume I speak for everyone in this thread, y'all need to say something here.

Bruce_Pyle
I don't believe they are going to change the album functionality back to the way it was. It could be game over. If anyone is listening at Spotify, it really did screw up a lot of users. Especially those with a ton of albums. Not everyone wants to listen to their music exclusively with customized playlists and their 'Liked Songs'. You have wrecked the option of a user being able to listen to just one album. The many reasons for a user wanting to remove songs from a saved album have been mentioned in this thread. Obviously, a user doesn't want to listen to interviews, outtakes, demo versions, etc. every time they play an album. Obviously, people don't always like every single song on an album. You must know this. Don't you use your own service?

There is now no way at all to conveniently recreate this listening functionality. Or is there? Are we missing something? Is there some kind of trick that we have overlooked? Let us know, please.
markymark174

I loved the old view. Since I normally look at the album artwork, the album view was the way I would browse all of my saved tracks. So sad to see this go.

It now takes me 5 times as long to find one of my tracks. Often I have to try and remember when I saved it and then try playing several tracks before I find it. When I am playing music with friends I now have to stick to my playlists instead of browsing my saved music and queing tracks 😞

SebSchmidt

Partial album saving is essential when so many deluxe editions and remasters come with extra tracks that not every user would want in their library. Please bring back the ability to have albums saved in the library, without the need for ever song to be saved/appear. 

Joespotifymusic

I **bleep**ing HATE the new layout. The old format was intuitive! I could see everything I’d saved nicely organised into songs, artists, albums. I don’t want to save everything from everyone! It makes no sense why they’ve taken away a very functional thing. Don’t fix what ain’t broke. I’m changing to a different platform. Change it back Spotify. **bleep** you, it took me a long long long time to get my collection together.