Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Your Library] Remove individual track from saved album

I don’t know when this change was made, but today I noticed that when I am looking through my saved music library by album, there are songs I specifically did not save for a reason, whether that be because it is a re-released song from a previous album I already have saved, or a song I just don’t like that I don’t want to play when I’m listening through an album. This change gives us way less control over our own saved music library. Please change it back. 

Updated on 2019-09-18

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Community, and adding your vote to this idea!

We're setting this idea to 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement. We appreciate you sharing your thoughts.

If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

Thanks

Comments
Bruce_Pyle
Yes, playlists seem to be the only answer to finding and playing what you want.

What's the point of having a 'Library' of music?
cink

Why is Spotify forcing us to listen to full albums? Yes, I can search in the "liked songs" playlist but why on Earth would anyone not want the ability to view artists and albums in their music library? I've cancelled my premium subscription and I'm actually angry the update was in the middle of a month's subscription because I can't even listen to the music I want without jumping through hoops so they've forced me to waste this month's subscription.

It looks like Spotify has no plans on bringing any features back, so we're all better off just subscribing to Apple music instead.

Bruce_Pyle
I've been lazy, but I need to check out Apple Music.
jimmy_tacks

Seems more like a bug than a feature change. I still see a tick or a plus next to my songs, but all songs are played regardless. Annoying having to listen to Spotify commentary tracks when I'm just trying to listen to music!

the_toutaku

this thread has been open since April with zero change.

Spotify is not listening to us and doesnt care. stop posting here its worthless. Just complaining to the wind.

OR... big OR. we are just too old for this **bleep** now and all the kids running spotify like this and we should go somewhere else. becuase why would you do this at all??? i cant come up with any mature reasons.

Bruce_Pyle
Truly no one is listening, and kids are running Spotify. But why do contemporary artists still release their music in album form? The 'album' is still the standard. It's not remotely obsolete. I don't know what Spotify is trying to do.
ParentalControl

The current way is nice, but we need the ability to not have all the tracks that we didn't favorite in the album if we favorited a album. I dislike that all the tracks show up on my favorite albums even though I didn't favorite all the songs. I specifily didn't favorite them for a reason and its for them not to show up on the list of liked songs.

seldomused

I really miss the previous way of saving a whole album, then removing unwanted 'remix', 'radio cut', and various other bonus tracks. Additionally, I also miss all previous work I've put in saving albums this way. Now my collection has tons of songs I never want to hear when listening to albums.

oliveredl

I am hating that as soon as I 'save' and album it shows in my 'liked' songs!  I usually save albums that I haven't even listened to as a reminder to go back and have a go...so dumb spotify.

Beavis "Hey! Remember that app called Spotify?"

Butthead "Huh, yeah, kinda, huh huh, Spotisucks, huh huh huh"

Beavis "Wonder what happened to it..."

Butthead "Spotisucks...huh uh huh huh"

The updated UI is garbage!