Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms] Organize Liked Songs by genre

I like the new update where you can save music into the "Liked Songs" group where it sorts music by song, album, and artist. There should also be another filter: Genre. I listen to all different genres but there are times when I want to listen to only one type of music.

Updated on 2018-10-26

Hi everyone!

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

We're marking this as a 'Good Idea'.

Please know your feedback is reaching the internal teams at Spotify, and they're aware of the votes around this idea. We'll continue to check out the comments here too.

If there are any updates, we'll let you know.

Thanks.

Comments
Bruxner

The only remote feature of Spotify that has this is in the explore/search page, where you can search by genre. 

I came from Apple Music to Spotify last year, and I was dumbfounded that such a basic fundamental feature - sorting by genre - was not implemented. I used that feature a lot with Apple Music. Now, I much prefer Spotify as a music platform in general for various reason, but come on. Just add it already. Everyone wants it Spotify.

federingj

guys you "marked this as a good idea" two years ago. it should not take this long. what's the holdup?

ctnwebmail

Oh look, we're now up to 50 pages of comments from paying customers begging for filter by genre, a feature @spotify said was a good idea 2 years ago.

@spotify, what do we have to do to get you to listen to this begged for feature for the implementation of what is a standard feature of other music listening platforms???

Mcoops

They never reply on here..... waste of time.... ! Been asking for this for 6 years now... 

Samalviz
What if we all start making the same request on new threads? That’ll get their attention.
ctnwebmail

Posts on this forum begging for "Sort by Genre" to be implemented is not going to get us anywhere.  The proof of this is we've over 50 pages of requests from paying clients that dates back over 5 years and still @spotify have not provided us with a simple feature that pretty nearly every other streaming service has.

We need to think "outside the box" - or rather "outside this forum".

Does anyone know any Artist who could speak for us?

federingj

i've tried tweeting at @spotify but i just get an automated response. i don't know, we spam their socials? it's worth a shot if a bunch of people do it at once

esteban000

Yes! Would definitely be awesome to have. Please. I mostly like songs and then play whatever I want by searching my liked songs section. Being able to search for a particular genre in my liked section would be perfect, since at the moment I can't put in a filter term that will let me listen to all the songs I've ever liked of a particular genre. I use Spotify quite a bit and this feature would be enthusiastically welcomed 🙂

Srv794

A feature that adds a genre would also be a workaround for those (like myself) who struggle with the library limit. 

If I understand the philosophy of the listening experience of Spotify correctly, you should divide your music into playlists. This is more easy when you have more filter parameters, and genre is obviously an important one. 

patrickgilmour

A year and a half since it was marked as "Good Idea" - I wonder if there's any more feedback? I know Spotify are taciturn on announcing what they're working on, but a further hint as to whether this is in the pipeline would be welcome. Thanks!