Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Android] Remove the Shuffle / Play Button

Hi, I tried out your new design, which I have mixed feelings about, but nevermind that. The most annoying thing I come over in the new Spotify (for iPhone by the way) is the dumb, big, overlapping, unnecessary shuffle play button that pops up everywhere. Is this a bug or is this on purpose? Could at least had add an option for it. Also, it doesn't look streamlined at all with the current design. Did it even occur that not everyone wants a shuffle play button?

Updated on 2020-11-04

Hey folks,
As some of you will have noticed, this has changed on iOS.
We've updated the idea, so that we can update everyone more accurately with regards to Android.
We're marking this as a 'Good idea', too.
Please know that your feedback is reaching the right teams here.

We'll post an update if anything changes!
Thanks

Comments
new_kata

I agree... I think 99% of people could find the shuffle at the top of lists from before and also access it while playing a song. The new shuffle button is very big and distracting. 

Jjgarber
Agree with the above...the shuffle play button is very prominent and really clutters up the interface..for a function that many users would rarely use it seems. Any option to hide this would be great.
gipsyfreedom

It is very, very annoying. If, at least, one could change it's behaviour to "play" instead of "shuffle" in the settings.

Even at the album folder, there is that huge "shuffle" thing. I don't think most (premium) users would shuffle each album.

Marco
Status changed to: Up for Votes

Marked as new idea. This idea requests to remove the shuffle play button on mobile apps.

tyrsius
I like the new button. Why isn't their a vote against option?
J-International

me 2 likey taht button

PeteUK

I agree with the original posting. For someone like me who never shuffles the new button is far too in your face.

Joe

PLease remove it from android too.

Dolomick
Agree, I hate this button placement
ElMexiMerican

Yes, please remove this from there, I can't stand looking at that big, ugly button.