Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[iOS] Like or dislike a song from the Lock Screen discover weekly playlist

When I'm playing the discover weekly playlist I could quickly like or dislike a song from the lock screen on my iPhone or iPad. This feature has been removed and replaced with a previous song button.

Now I have to unlock my phone, open Spotify and select the heart icon to like a song or select the three dots at the top of the now playing screen and select 'Hide song'

It was much more convenient to have the like or dislike option on the Lock Screen.

Please see screenshots below:

Before the update the like / dislike buttons on iPhone Lock Screen👇

A737BDE5-2252-4833-B8C3-45724AC32444.jpeg 

After the update, the like / dislike option has been removed from the iPhone lock screen and been replaced with a previous song button 👇 

BDBBD72B-A833-4CD4-9B39-E1E17B2F3224.jpeg

Updated on 2021-08-28

Hey everyone,

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

Your suggestion has gathered the votes necessary and your feedback is now reaching the internal teams at Spotify. They're aware of the vote count and popularity of this idea. We'll continue to monitor and check out the comments here, too. As soon as we have any updates on its status, we'll let you know.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Comments
Anirog

When I'm playing my discover weekly playlist I could quickly like or dislike a song from the lock screen of my iPhone or iPad. This feature has been removed in the latest spotify update and replaced with a previous song button.

Now when I want to like or dislike a song I have to unlock my phone, open spotify and select the heart icon to like a song or select the three dots at the top of the now playing screen and select 'Hide song'

Before the update the useful like / dislike buttons on the iOS lock screen:

IMG_1006.JPG

After the update the like / dislike option has been removed from the lock screen and has been replaced with a previous song button:

IMG_0960.JPG

Petya
Status changed to: Up for Votes

Updated on 2020-07-23

Hey there  @Anirog,

Thanks for submitting your idea! 

It has been marked as a new one and others can now vote for it!

For more info on how your feedback reaches Spotify, click here.

karl_weiss

Guys, I decided to become "premium" because of the fantastic "hide" option also on radio. The best thing about the app is being able to discover new songs from a user defined "seed", creating a radio, not only from the discover weekly. The hide button is the only way to tell the system "I love this song, I even saved it in a playlist, but, please, stop playing it and recommend me something new from you 50 million database". Why it was removed? Wouldn’t it be better to give the user the option of configuring the main display to have the like or the dislike button? It seems to me a pretty straightforward solution. All the love.

HumbleRoJo

Who needs a repeat song, back arrow? I never want to go back and listen to a song  twice.  My guess is that it is now there for a back/skip button for podcast listening.

A one click “dislike” from the home screen is certainly much safer while driving than having to

-open the phone

-get to spotify 

-go to the play screen or other

-click dislike

sloanlennon

Yes, PLEASE!

phloo

Very bad UX decision and needs to go back to the state before.
I am pretty sure a "repeat song" button won't be used as much as the "dislike" or "hide song" button.
It's frustrating that free users have direct access to this function and premium users don't.

killswitch85

Can’t believe they removed this, just bring it back already, I literally have to use an old surface tablet in the kitchen just to dislike tracks and artists so I don’t get them in the next weekly update, so frustrating.

Jose_M
Status changed to: Closed - Not Enough Votes

Updated on 2021-03-23

Hello @Anirog!

It looks like your idea was posted a while ago but, unfortunately, it hasn't gathered the minimum amount of votes to stay active in the Ideas Exchange (50 votes in the first 3 months). I'll mark your idea as "Closed - Not Enough Votes". You can learn more on how the Ideas Exchange works here.

Have a nice day 🙂

rltgvr

I noticed that when I listen to my Discover Weekly playlist, I always have to unlock the phone to like a song. It’s an added action for users. Is it possible to add a like button when one views the song while the device is locked? That would be really handy for all users. My gadget is an iPhone btw. Thanks!!! I hope my suggestion is considered

Alex
Status changed to: New Suggestion

Updated on 2021-06-07

Hello and thanks for submitting your idea to the Idea Exchange!

We've gone ahead and marked this as a new suggestion. Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Cheers!