Song ORDER

Solved!

Song ORDER

Last update took away option to change order
Of playlist on iPhone 5.
Help please

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

We decided to remove the feature temporarily so we didn't have to delay releasing 0.5.9, because there were a lot of crashes while editing a playlist, tracks not ending up where they should etc. We will introduce the feature again in an upcoming release as soon as possible.

The feature is still in the iPad client though, so I suggest either using that or the desktop client ๐Ÿ™‚

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Great news! I have talked with the Spotify iOS devs and this should be coming in the next iOS update. If not in the next update, it will come in one shortly after.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Marked as solution

UPDATE: The ability to rearrange song order inside of a plylist has been BACK in the iOS app for quite some time now.

MattSudaSpotify Star

57 Replies

The ability to rearrange the song order in playlists is coming back in a future release.

It's been broken and a major improvement is coming.

iOS dev's tweet:

https://twitter.com/nevyn/status/266473799829037056

MattSudaSpotify Star

Can you explain to me what it means it was "broken"? This is a big pain!

I'm not sure what the Spotify iOS dev meant as "broken".

I think he means it wasn't working as it should and that they plan to bring it back soon with improvements.

I'll keep everyone updated on the latest news. Hopefully it comes back soon. 

MattSudaSpotify Star
Marked as solution

We decided to remove the feature temporarily so we didn't have to delay releasing 0.5.9, because there were a lot of crashes while editing a playlist, tracks not ending up where they should etc. We will introduce the feature again in an upcoming release as soon as possible.

The feature is still in the iPad client though, so I suggest either using that or the desktop client ๐Ÿ™‚

THIS IS THE WORST!! Please please please bring this back sooooooooooon!!!! Not being able to change the order of songs is surprisingly detrimental to my life. ๐Ÿ™‚ 

I second that. Whatever features the new cursed upgrade brought I guarantee are not worth anywhere near the importance of beign able to resort the songs on my playlists!

Fix it soon or I'll just drop the service. Telling us to use another client is not a solution. No more steps backward please.

Yeah, this still hasn't been fixed....hmmmmmmm

This is BAD! Why oh why did I update?!?! :'(

Hello,

I am wondering about the status of this update?  I use my Iphone to teach indoor cycling classes.i am constantly making playlists and moving the songs in a playlist around via my IPhone...often while I am on the bike.  I do not carry my lap top/IPad to the gym with me...so I am finding this glitch in the system to be a huge hinderance.  Yes...I have read the forums...I know WHY it happened.  I am more interested in WHEN we will see this fixed.

Thank you

So after almost a month this still hasn't been fixed....spotify still has not provided an update on when this will be fixed.

This feature will be back in an iOS update coming early 2013.

This iOS update will also include the new follow features that Spotify just announced.

This might be a full redesigned upgrade... (saw some teases on Spotify's YouTube channel)

MattSudaSpotify Star

Will you add a comment here when this feature is re-introduced? Luckily, I am slow to update, and my wife is not. So I had a very, very verbal heads up from my wife about how much she hated it. FYI, next time, you might want to include that info when you do it. There are some people who would rather you delay the update, if it's not a good one.

So I didn't update. Now I'm pretty much used to ignoring the update symbol. I'll be perfecltly willing to update once this is returned. Until then, I really have nothing to complain about. I didn't update, so I still have it. And I'm saving $20 a month, as 2 of the 4 people in my house instantly canceled their premium accounts.

Yes, I will post a comment letting everyone know.

MattSudaSpotify Star

Thanks so much!

They have the option to download Spotify for iOS 4 in the iPhone app store. Ater frustration about this issue I deleted the newer app that had the radio I never used since Pandora's where it's at and I downloaded the older app so I can change the song order. Sucks to have to choose but having a premium subscription is worth NOTHING if you cannot change the song order on the mobile devices. If I had known I wouldn't have bought it and just used my ipod cause I can change the order on there. Bad move spotify.

Song order is coming back in an update in early 2013. There was some server work to improve organization of playlists and the app would crash when organizing songs. A full rework of song order is coming back in an iOS update in early 2013.
MattSudaSpotify Star

I am really surprised at how long this is taking to get fixed......horrible.

Suggested posts