Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Update for iPhone 5?

Solved!

Update for iPhone 5?

Being as the iPhone 5 is running a much taller screen, what kind of timezone are we looking at for a Spotify update that will enable us to utilise that extra space?

Currently I still feel like I'm using my 4s 😞

Scott

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

IT'S HERE! 😄 😄 😄

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

@MusicMadPaul wrote:

IT'S HERE! 😄 😄 😄

^^this. Enjoy guys.

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

View solution in original post

77 Replies

If you want the app updated for the new iPhone 5, then go kudo my idea:

http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Update-iOS-App-for-Bigger-iPhone-5-Screen/idc-p/154604

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Please update Spotify for 4" screen 

is it expected?

iOS dev told me the iPhone 5 update is coming in the next release! 😃 

MattSudaSpotify Star

fortunately!! But when.. 1day,1month,1year..??

all major apps are compatible 4" except Spotify ...

There was no ETA given.

It will be out soon though.

It's coming!

MattSudaSpotify Star

i rather have them fix this bug than give me 4" screen support.

http://community.spotify.com/t5/Mobile-iOS-iPhone-iPad-iPod/Spotify-is-extremely-slow-to-sync-offlin...

Can a spotify rep confirm an ETA for an iPhone 5 update please?

I like how this problem is solved. I haven't seen a solution. A "dev" told this guy Matt that its coming in the next update. That was 3 weeks ago! I pay 10 dollars a month and I can't even use it thought my day because of the excessive battery drain and Thanks to apple I don't have an extra charging cable. I reached out to spotify support on twitter and they basically told me the battery drain was my iPhones fault and I should contact apple support. Rdio had an update out in like a week after the iPhone 5's launch and spotify can't even give you and ETA to look forward to. Since I've already payed for this month I will most likely finish it up and switch services.

Sorry, I have unmarked my post as the solution.

I really think that the iPhone 5 update will be out by the end of the next month.

Spotify is working as fast as they can with the update.

Rdio did update their app, but they didn't change the size of the album art. They just letterboxed the album art.

Rdio took the lazy way out. They have 2 black bars at the top and bottom of the album art and it looks really ugly. 

Spotify will probably resize the whole app and make it better for the iPhone 5. They will also probably improve battery.

I would rather Spotify take their time to release a nice stable update rather than a rushed crappy update.

Hopefully the update will be out soon.

Don't lose faith now... 😃

MattSudaSpotify Star

yes, we can say: Spotify take their time....

Good things come to those who wait 😉

Airhorn Enthusiast

Good things do come to those who wait...

...but usually only to those running iOS 😉

The rest of us get to wait even longer and usually get something that's inferior to the iOS version.

This guy might disagree...

Airhorn Enthusiast

I agree, the android version has an EQ... when is the time frame for an IOS update.

I don't even care about the screen size, battery life, disconnect issues... GIVE ME AN EQ.

Any updates David?

@David wrote:

This guy might disagree...

@David wrote:

Good things come to those who wait 😉

I've waited for Spotify to implement a repeat track mode for over a year now!

I was even supporting it in the old community along with the other hundreds of people left doomed.

http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Repeat-TRACK-Mode/idc-p/168414

Yet Spotify ignores the feature along will all of the other popular features.

What good thing is coming to me? Boredom of waiting? None of the ideas that I support are getting implemented.

MattSudaSpotify Star

@thapchild wrote:

I agree, the android version has an EQ... when is the time frame for an IOS update.

I don't even care about the screen size, battery life, disconnect issues... GIVE ME AN EQ.

Any updates David?

In regards to an EQ, it being implimented into the Android version of Spotify was a bit of a first step for us, and even then it still used the third party manager for use of the EQ. In the iOS version, it would be harder to gain access to the EQ settings used by the built in "Music" app, so it might have to be built into the Spotify application itself. We're aware that is this a popular request, and we're looking into if we can construct an eligant solution for this. I don't think it'll be overnight, but our Top Men are aware. 

Mattjsrules - The aforementioned top men are also well aware of the demand for a Repeat function. 

Airhorn Enthusiast

@David wrote:

In regards to an EQ, it being implimented into the Android version of Spotify was a bit of a first step for us, and even then it still used the third party manager for use of the EQ. 

The EQ in the Android app was created at a hack-day event and uses the inbuilt functionality in Android ICS and Jelly Bean.

It was included in the Android app update at the last minute to try and keep customers happy and to deter from the fact that hardly any of the high profile problems in the Android app had actually been addressed.

Basically the EQ on Android came for free, and I suspect that unless it can be implemented as easily on iOS it's probably not going to happen, at least not in the near future.

Disclaimer - I should probably state that this is my own opinion, but it comes from a very good source 🙂

Suggested posts