Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Collaborative playlist: Incorrect user in "Added by" field

Collaborative playlist: Incorrect user in "Added by" field

Me and a friend are having a collaborative playlist together, and about 8 days ago all songs added to this list are being showed as added by me, even though they were added by my friend. 

Did a test yesterday, I added a song, that appeared as correct, with me as the adder. He then added one, still with me as the adder. All songs added on iOS 6 devices, but the field is incorrect on all platforms.

This could be an iPhone 5 bug, as he recently got one, and that's about when this came up.

5 Replies

@MartinAronsen wrote:

Me and a friend are having a collaborative playlist together, and about 8 days ago all songs added to this list are being showed as added by me, even though they were added by my friend. 

Did a test yesterday, I added a song, that appeared as correct, with me as the adder. He then added one, still with me as the adder. All songs added on iOS 6 devices, but the field is incorrect on all platforms.

This could be an iPhone 5 bug, as he recently got one, and that's about when this came up.

This is actually quite peculiar.

Please could you both remove the app?

I hope that will work - I will try and get a staff member to look into this.

I'm having this problem as well. It's definitely not an iPhone 5 exclusive issue, I have an iPhone 4. When I add music to a playlist a friend has shared with me using my iPhone, the songs show up as being added by my friend. I end up getting notifications for music I've added myself.

Having the same problem with the desktop client. We've been working on a collaborative playlist for 6 days with 12 contributors. I created a second collaborative playlist, and noticed that all content added to the first list now shows up as being added by me.

I too have this bug showing up for me. I have roughly 12 Subscribers with 150ish songs and I am incorrectly attributed to adding about 30 songs!

I had a little panic moment that someone else had my login details, but then found this thread. Hope there's a bug fix soon.

Same issue with a collobaritive playlist with a user on an iPhone 5 - They uninstalled and reinstalled but the same issue.  I created the playlist and when they add a song to the playlist it shows me as the user that added the song and they recieve a notification that I added the song they added.  Obviously, I am not recieving the notification which is quite disappointing.  This also happens when the iPhone 5 user created a playlist and I add a track (on any platform...desktop, android app). 

Hopefully their is a fix as the documentation is quite sentiamental to me. 

Suggested posts