Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Piano Solos

Piano Solos

I am curious to know if there are here a few (or tons) of fans of piano music in the broadest possible sense:

- hard core classical music like Mozart, Haydn, Schubert

- contemporary classical like Debussy or Satie

- hard core avantgarde like Schönberg or Stockhausen

- so-called modern / minimal piano light ballades like Einaudi, Nyman, Glass

- Pop instrumentals (for piano...)

- Latin (salsa, tango, bossa nova...)

or any other category I am forgetting now

For instance, is there any K-pop for solo piano?

68 Replies

Great fan of the piano.

Mostly of

- contemporary classical like Debussy or Satie

- hard core avantgarde like Schönberg or Stockhausen

- so-called modern / minimal piano light ballades like Einaudi, Nyman, Glass

My favorite is Olivier Messiean of the avantgarde.

And two i found on spotify of the modern/minimal kind

Carlos Cipa

Stefano Guzzetti

This is great, Roberto (¿italiano?).

I fon't think it is still possible to do interests groups on Spotify, but we shold definitely try to find a way of sticking together or at least in connection. For instance, I didn't know the 2 artists you mention and they are enriching my music library now.

Are you also an artist or mainly a "user"?

Messiaen is also one of my idols... not only his piano music, of course.

belle cose

Juan María

Hi Juan,

Im dutch. No Italiano. Sadly 🙂 because it is a beautifull country.

I wish also there was an interrestgroup of classical music. Now i try to respond to the few messages there are on the playlist exchange. I will follow you on spotify and include a few off your songs in my list. Always intterested in new artists. I myself enjoy listening but do not play myself.

Feel free to listen to the piano playlists on spotify. You will probaly find yourself in 1 of them in the future.

https://open.spotify.com/user/robertov-nl/playlist/0q54r5GwR79tUumivJRYOI

https://open.spotify.com/user/robertov-nl/playlist/3up9pQt0qZa6jPk23RadhL

Greetings,

Hi Roberto, now I understand the "NL" in your nickname...

A nice suprise that you are following my profile (I am also following yours...) and that you consider including some of my music in your playlists.

By the way, I composed a piece called "Rutilance (prelude a la maniere de Messiaen)" which will be a perfect pitch for your other playlist - when I record it... some day. I played it live on several ocassions but there is not even a version on Youtube yet.  I will let you know.

best

JM

is your music? nice sound. Adding to my playlist modern piano

I do like all!

Prefer classical.

Jorge Segovia

https://play.spotify.com/artist/6DIidRzTS95J6etMpSyeg1?play=true&utm_source=open.spotify.com&utm_med...

------------------------------------------------------Follow me

Jorge Segovia on facebook

I like "classical" piano (if you want to get "picky", Mozart and Haydn were from the Classical period, Schubert and Beethoven were from the Romantic period) but not a steady diet of piano solos.  Same with harpsichord and organ.  I do love chamber music from those eras that includes piano (or not), though--trios, quartets, quintets, etc.  My favorite pianist of all time has to be Artur Rubenstein.

Interesting.  Did you compose most of the music on your albums?

@rosiecar about classical... when I studied music history, neo-classical were Prokofiev or Strawinsky, maybe Poulenc & Co. Now, under neo-classical they mean Ludovico Einaudi. Which technically would be neo-romantic. 

@rosiecar Is a mix; it depends on which album. The initial formula was 2/3 my music, 1/3 by others. In the next one I will include one Chopin waltz (and one Chinese popular melody!), the rest is mine.

But on my album with Saxophone, only 1/4 were my own compositions.

It depends.

JM

If you like classical music, you might like my Classical period playlist.  https://open.spotify.com/user/rosiecar92/playlist/043rURgdVRFe0Sr5K4yTwR

It's a work in progress, as I'm starting with one piece or work by each Classical period composer (that I can find), in order of the composer's birth.  I'm compiling this in part for music to study with, so there's no vocal music (opera, choral, etc.) nor organ solos.  I also don't include much solo harpsichord or piano, but piano/harpsichord ensembles and piano concertos are included.  I still have a long way to go (there were a LOT of composers in that period), and I may add a second or even third "round" of pieces for each composer (how do you pick just ONE work by Mozart or Haydn?).

I just discovered a Classical comopser named Leopold Kozeluch.  He wrote a TON of sonatas for piano (as well as ensembles), and Spotify has a ton to choose from.  Here's his page:  https://open.spotify.com/artist/7C5oAOwd8u6WbaKEn7NJEl

@rosiecar consider including also some piano music by Dussek., You put a Symphonie, I know. He was a personal friend of Mozart, as you possibly know.

best wishes

Juan María

Nice music!

If I add another piece by each composer, I will look into that.  The playlist is already over 59 hours, so I'm debating about that.

You must not add, you can replace, @rosiecar

I figured my recent piano/electronic playlist my be relevent to this thread. Ranges from classical to hardcore to J-pop, with all tracks including piano:

spotify:user:12143775330:playlist:2gMMjDXTa1FATiATeaxMSJ

Suggested posts