Plan

Premium

Country

Device

(Samsung Galaxy A50)

Operating System

(Android 9)

My Question or Issue

Just a couple of days before, I could " Add to Playlist " a whole album / EP, and now it's gone / I can't find it.

It's a super useful feature and without it it's just painfully long to add each track individually.

Hey all,

Thanks for the information you gave us and for your patience! 

We're happy to announce that this issue has now been fixed! Please do a clean reinstall to make sure you're using the latest version of Spotify. 

If you're still having troubles, don't hesitate to let us know in the Help Boards. We'll be happy to lend a hand.

Have a great day!  

Comments
liamrouse5

Hope I helped Pickle_rick 

pickle_rick

Thanks to everyone pointing out the voting thread to add this "new idea" back in. Spotify - minus a billion points for screwing up our experience with an inexplicable design decision (while letting iPhone users carry on as normal). Ten years a paying customer... I will always remember this now.

liamrouse5

ADD FULL ALBUM : FIXED!!!

Hi, just updating the community as I have discovered a fix to add full albums to playlist without the drag of adding every individual song.

Although clicking the 3 buttons and pressing the add to playlist feature is not possible anymore I have found a way! 

FIX: 

Go to desired album you wish to add in full to playlist.

Press the like symbol (the heart) to like the full album. 

Then go into your library and head to albums.

Search in the search bar or scroll down to find the album you want.

Once found the album, press and hold the album until the pop up menu appears.

This menu will have the option add to playlist. 

I have tested this out and it works! Hope this helps for you all. Happy streaming! 

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Mobile-Playlists-Bring-Back-quot-Add-Full-Album-to-Playl...

nickmcpimpson

Spotify is just getting disrespectful with their UI changes. Desktop is makes everything easy, you can select multiple items, drag and drop into playlists, reorder, search in playlist (AFAIK), even view album art yet they continue to REMOVE features from mobile! Why is this necessary? The current iteration is not more intuitive, it's certainly not more responsive and it lacks basic functionality that makes the mobile app even worth my time. This is the kind of stuff that makes people leave your platform. If I can do more with another service, why would I stay with the company that continues to back track and experiment with removing features instead of adding them? 

This likely impacts me maybe more than other people, because my primary way of finding music is dumping new albums from my favorite artists into "New Stuff" playlist, adding popular songs or albums for new artists into "Exploring" for new artists, into "Upcoming Explore" for artists playing in town soon, and various concert playlists when I plan on going to a show or am interested in a festivals lineup. 

X1GTD7u.gif
d4m0

I went through the whole process of confirming this community account just so I could come here and say the same thing everyone else in this thread has said. This is really just a rant. It is truly difficult to not type this all in caps or loaded with swears, but I'm going to try. I don't know why this one thing has me so angry, but that's what has happened. Maybe it's other things happening in my life and the world causing my rage to be so high, but I mean, removing something so unbelievably basic from the Android app is just truly baffling to me.

What a colossally stupid decision to actually remove a piece of functionality from an app that people have been used to for years now. I've been a paying premium member for at least six years at this point, and I actually try to get other people to use Spotify too, since I think it has been so great. I can't understand why a decision like this would have even been considered in the first place. It just doesn't make any sense why a company would remove functionality and actually make it harder to do something so simple like adding multiple songs all at the same time to a playlist.

And after removing it, now Spotify is having us vote to add this "new" functionality back into the Android app? What is even happening right now? Where are we? Is this some weird alternate universe? I mean, the world is literally burning, fascists are taking over countries all over the world, and the rights of people are being stripped in front of our eyes everywhere. So, obviously there are more terrible things going on than the removal of the ability to add a god damned entire album to a playlist in Spotify. Given that though, I would think the company would want to make people's lives easier in at least small ways, to help everyone cope with the world around us dying a little more every day. Unfortunately they seem to want to make things just that little bit harder, just a little more terrible, like everything else. Literally they could have done nothing at all to the app and it would have been better than this.

And yes, I voted for the "new" and amazing feature to add an entire album to a playlist on Android. Wow, everything really does truly suck.

pickle_rick

@d4m0 Amen. Yes it just feels like we are part of a sadistic, Kafkaesque experiment. All the more galling because iPhone users still have this freaking feature! And customer services' boilerplate replies of "we are always adding new features and taking them away" makes it even more infuriating. Spotify giveth and Spotify taketh away. I suggested to them that they remove the Pause button next and put it up to a vote to consider it as a new idea for including in a future release. Or maybe a social experiment like Facebook did, how about recommending sad music with suicide references to a sample of people to see what happens?

Katerina
Status changed to: Under investigation

Hey there everyone,

We really appreciate all your comments and reports so far.

We've looked into this further so we've moved this thread here in the Ongoing Issues board. We can assure you that the right team is looking into it, and we'll get back to you with updates as soon as we have any.

If you're experiencing this, make sure to add your +VOTE and/or subscribe in this thread (if you haven't already) to stay updated.

Thanks for bearing with us!

liamrouse5

Hi, just updating the community as I have discovered a fix to add full albums to playlist without the drag of adding every individual song.

Although clicking the 3 buttons and pressing the add to playlist feature is not possible anymore I have found a way! 

FIX: 

I have tested this out and it works! Hope this helps for you all. Happy streaming! 

REPOST AS PEOPLE STILL SEEM TO HAVE ISSUES

AndrewRobs01

Hey @Kadyrhan 

A user has found a workaround for the issue that I thought I should bring to your attention!

FIX: 

REPOST AS PEOPLE STILL SEEM TO HAVE ISSUES

I hope this works for you!

Kadyrhan

@AndrewRobs01  Thanks!