Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Android] First Song in Playlists on Custom Order changes constantly

Hey folks, 

We noticed that the current first song in any playlist will keep swapping with a different song from the same playlist. This is now being investigated.

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue!

We're happy to announce that this should now be fixed for everyone - just make sure you're running the latest version of Spotify.

If you're still having trouble you can post a new thread in the relevant help board here.

Cheers 🙂

Comments
WizDome

Samsung galaxy s23 Ultra

Android 13.

Why is this so hard to fix ?

What the **bleep** is going on ?

MarkusT1

Same issue for me with Samsung Galaxy A54. 

MarkusT1

Plan

Premium

Country

Germany

Device

Samsung Galaxy A54 

Operating System

Android 14

Version 

First song in every album or playlist is swapped with another one in the area between 75 and 100.

nwpohl

From what I can see based on my playlists, it doesn't effect those that are approximately over three hours. It's just strange. 

Benjoo

Premium

USA

Pixel 4 XL

Android 11

Spotify Version 8.9.8.545

yaquyphdwrto0erjguid

I have this since yesterday in my phone too, very annoying 

PakaB

It's only with playlists with 129 or more songs in it, and it's swapping the #1 track with the mid point track, e.g. If there are 200 songs #1 will swap with #101. 

rjzzeng

tidal isn't available where i am and i'm too broke to be paying for a vpn - i have a family account and i'm the kid:/ either way, i'm still stuck with Spotify and this ridiculous, silly, neglected - but frustrating nonetheless - **bleep** of a bug.

Dogpatchkid
My top songs keeps moving to middle of the playlist. My list will not stay in the order I put them in. As soon as I save them it Shuffle them in another order.
IdrcamName

Does any else experience in their liked songs you can scroll down to far without it randomly refreshing on your TV or console?

My playlist songs are also moved around and aren't where they were originally.