Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android TV and Google TV app display is zoomed

Hey folks, 

We've received several reports that the Spotify App is zoomed on TVs. This is being looked into.

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We’re happy to say that this should now be fixed for everyone! Just make sure the app and firmware are up to date.

If you're still having trouble, make sure to post a new thread in the relevant help board here.

Thanks!

Top Answer
MartinMiller

Hello everybody, 

I was facing the issue described here. What helped for the time being was downgrading my version of 'android system web view'. I was enrolled in the beta program, so I also needed to unenroll from that too and install the latest stable version.

Step by step:

1. On your phone (app) or computer (web browser) go to google playstore.

2. Search for 'android system web view'.

3. Check if you are in the beta testing program. If you are, leave the beta testing program. 

4. On your android TV: go to system settings > apps > show all apps > show system apps > system web view 

5. Uninstall system web view, so the factory version is installed. 

6. Go to playstore and upgrade web view (current stable version: 108.0.5359.128)

Hope this helps others

Source of workaround 

Comments
jonbarry93

I used the same temporary workaround, someone from Spotify suggested it, and it worked 👌

davidarenga

i just downgraded the "android system webview" app to the version 91.0.4472.114;

i installed spotify back from play store and now it is working perfectly.

thanks for the hint!

Novy
Status changed to: Fixed

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We’re happy to say that this should now be fixed for everyone! Just make sure the app and firmware are up to date.

If you're still having trouble, make sure to post a new thread in the relevant help board here.

Thanks!