Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Collaborative playlist links not working

Hey everyone, 

We've received some reports from users who have issues joining and inviting other users to collaborative playlists.

This is being investigated.

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We’re happy to say that this should now be fixed in version 8.9.34. Make sure to upgrade before generating another link and do let us know if the issue persists with this app version.

Thanks!

Comments
Mitre226644

@loriii

It should be resolved now but the easiest way to verify would probably be to create a new playlist and invite them again and make sure they don’t click on the old link in case that trips things up. 

Alternatively you could have them send one to you in case they’re missing something. Hope this helps. 

loriii

im gonna try it later today but before the issue was fixed i would make sure im not using the dummy collaboration link which is the one under the playlist name and description, i would use the invite from the 3 little dots and scroll all the way down and invite them. @Mitre226644 

Seeds

Seems to have been fixed on iOS, but links received on Mac Desktop are still not allowing recipient to join list (even after installing latest desktop software.)

Mitre226644

@Seeds,

Show examples please. Screen shots. Video screen grabs. Help them help you.

loriii

still not working, both of us have the app updated and are on IOS. 😕

Mitre226644

@loriii,

If you send me a link to your profile on Spotify I can give it a try I’d be glad to help 

loriii

@Mitre226644  oh yes please thank you!! here's the link to my profile https://open.spotify.com/user/kgy0e3177l7v55hxzkoj4v84f?si=vdKdmBcQQ5uSJm2AlIbLdg

loriii

@Mitre226644  it won't let me add songs either

IMG_0317.png

Mitre226644

Sorry I can’t be of more help. I’d reach back out to customer service though their chat