Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Collaborative playlist links not working

Hey everyone, 

We've received some reports from users who have issues joining and inviting other users to collaborative playlists.

This is being investigated.

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We’re happy to say that this should now be fixed in version 8.9.34. Make sure to upgrade before generating another link and do let us know if the issue persists with this app version.

Thanks!

Comments
djmakossa

Trying to create a collaborate playlist with my fiancé for our wedding and when I invite collaborator and text her the link she is still unable to add songs to the playlist. This has been going on for over a week. It is very frustrating as I see this as something that should be resolved sooner for such a major music app. 

Mitre226644

Working for me now! 

im-so-confused

spotify is getting wild, at this point i cant publish public playlists and idk what to do, im just gonna try getting apple music. whats the point of making my friends playlists if they cant see them??? 👎💔

darlinghowl

looks like spotify had an update for ios yesterday which fixed the issue 

Mitre226644

Fellow playlist collaborators using iOS, try, try again! I assume they’re beta testing some things so stay patient but it looks like they’re rolling out a fix for everyone regardless of device etc.

loriii

so now people are saying that yesterday they had a update and it worked. i updated it yesterday and still doesn't work for me.

Mitre226644

@loriii,

What device are you using? How did you test it wasn’t working? Can you provide screenshots?

More info helps

loriii

@Mitre226644 , hey im using iphone and im not the one who's being invited into the playlist, im sending the link to a friend and they cant get into it. both of us have spotify updated and we both use iphone. and when i try on a laptop there no option for a collaboration playlist.

MihailY
Status changed to: Fixed

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We’re happy to say that this should now be fixed in version 8.9.34. Make sure to upgrade before generating another link and do let us know if the issue persists with this app version.

Thanks!

Mitre226644

Thanks @MihailY and your comrades for putting in the fix!