Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Daily Mixes Don't Refresh, Change, or Update

My Daily Mixes pretty much remain the same. They rarely update, playing the same songs ad nauseum. They are also not intuitive. The first daily mix is pretty accuarate, but I can only tolerate a small number of songs in the other mixes. 

I continue to like new songs, so it should be refreshing, adding more options. Why don't the Mixes refresh and add new songs? Why do they remain static? And why do I have the same series of mixes?

I should add that this occurs regardless of the platform, and whethere my system is up-to-date or not. This is a Spotify flaw. 

Plan

Premium

Country

Australia

Device

iPhone 6s, iPad mIN4, Mac desktop, and Windows Desktop

Operating System

iOS 12.1.4, iOS 12.1.1, Windows 10, and Mac High Sirra 10.13.2 (respectively).

Hey folks,

Thank you for reporting this issue to us and for your continued patience.

We just wanted to let you know that the right folks are looking into this.

We're not able to provide an exact timeline for a fix, but we'd recommend always keeping your Spotify app up to date to ensure you're on the latest version.

Thanks again!

Comments
hal4ed
Dear All, currently I'm experiencing issue with Daily Mixes. For more than 1 week I do not receive updates on Daily Mixes (all 6 ones). Before, they got updated even if I wasn't listening. I have free account for now. I have already reinstalled Spotify application (latest version installed), clean up the cache, tried on other device - having still the same story. Any solution out there? Thank you
Jᴀᴄᴋ

Hey @hal4ed thanks for reaching out to the Spotify Community,

I would actually recommend doing a clean reinstall on your device. It might also be beneficial if you can restart your device, although it sounds simple, it can help from time to time.

Finally, if none of those work try clearing your cache and data by following these steps:

Step 1: Head to the Settings menu.
Step 2: Find Apps (or Applications, depending on your device) in the menu, then locate the app that you want to clear the cache or data for.
Step 3: Tap on Storage and the buttons for clearing the cache and app data will become available.

Here is a video to help with that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-PeUOLLk0s

Let me know how it goes,

Jack 🙂

hal4ed

Dear Jack,

Thank you for your kind reply.

As I described on initial post, I did a lot of troubleshooting, including device restart, cleaning cache/data completely for Spotify application, reinstalling application itself.

I still have the same set of Daily mixes.

I would consider, Spotify pushing me to purchase Premium package, but I'm not sure even after I will become Premium, they will enable this option for me. Daily Mixes should be updated even on Free package.

Any other suggestions what could be a reason?

Thank you

hal4ed

Logged in to other device and it's still showing me the same Daily Mix.

So the problem isn't with my main device.

Already for 2 weeks I have the same Daily Mixes.

Maybe some from Spotify employees will advise is Daily Mix updating only Premium feature?

firstgamer

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Device

(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

Mihutzu

Plan

Free

Country

Romania

Device

Samsung Galaxy J7 2017

Operating System

Android 8.1.0

My Question or Issue

So for two weeks or so my daily mixes just stopped refreshing, I have the exact same songs everyday. This is the case for all of the 6 playlists.

What is weird is that this happens just on phone. On my laptop they refresh normaly. I also tried logging in from another device and I had the same mixes as well

I tried clearing the cache data, rebooting my phone, unistalling and reinstalling the app several times. At this point I just don't know what to do.

Greg46

I‘ve got the same problem. On my laptop they‘re refreshing everyday, but not on my phone.

Katerina

Hey there @Mihutzu and @Greg46,

Thanks for reaching out and welcome both to the Community!

Keep in mind that each Daily Mix you see can be unique to the device you're viewing it from and your listening activity on that device. For example, the same Daily Mix might show different songs on the mobile or desktop app.

In this case, since you mention that your Daily Mixes are updated on the desktop app with no issues, we'd recommend making sure to listen more from your mobile devices to shake things up.

If that doesn't do the trick and the Daily Mixes on the mobile app don't refresh after a couple of days, we'd suggest performing a clean reinstall of the app making sure to use the steps provided in this Spotify Answer instead.

Let us know how you get on! We'll be right here should you need more help.

Have a lovely day 🙂

a_37-tuzg8wz7

Plan

Free

Country

Vietnam

Device

Somy XA1 Ultra

Operating System

Android orio

My Question or Issue

My daily mix stop refreshing for a week now 

Do anyone now how to fix this issue?

I tried uninstalling the update ( my device can't fully uninstall Spotify ), reboot my phone, logout and login.

I have almost 700 like song too

Why isn't my daily mix refreshing at all ?!?!?!?

Emilia_8

I have the same problem. Daily Mixes are not updated on my phone, on PC i get new ones every day. And I use Spotify mainly on my phone. Reinstalling doesn't help.