Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Downtime March 1st 2021] Issues subscribing to Premium or redeeming gift cards

Hey there folks,

We've received reports that users are having issues when trying to subscribe to Premium or adding gift cards to their accounts.

We're currently investigating this. 

If you're experiencing this, make sure not to retry to subscribe while this is being looked into.

Hello everyone,

We have another update for those of you who might've been charged more than once. For visibility, we're still including the complete FAQ, so please scroll down and click on each section spoiler to check the new info for you.

• You still can't pay with your debit card or can't redeem your gift card.
Spoiler
Payment methods for Spotify need to meet some requirements. Check here if that's the case for your payment method of choice. It might also be a good idea to check with your bank to receive more detailed info on why a payment might've failed.
If that doesn't clear things up, reach out to our customer support team. You should also do this if you're having difficulties redeeming a gift card. Prepare your receipt so the team can help you out faster!

• You wanted to cancel or change your subscription type but were unable to.
Spoiler
All should work as usual now, so please give it another go.
If you got charged due to not being able to cancel on time, reach out to our customer support team and they'll assist with switching you to Free and refunding your charge.

• You usually pay on the 1st and now you're wondering if your billing date will change.
Spoiler
No worries - your billing date will stay the same.
We'll just receive your payment a bit later this month. If you haven't been charged yet, that should also be processed soon. You can double-check your billing date on your Account overview.

• You couldn't subscribe, but you still see multiple charges on your bank / card statement.
Spoiler
Our team is working to have any affected payments refunded to your payment method. Funds usually arrive within a few days, but the exact time depends on your payment method / bank. Please give it another few days for the refunds to be processed before reaching out to our customer support team to allow us to handle this as fast as possible.

• You suddenly got switched to Free.
Spoiler
This should be unrelated to the issues we were having and might've only happened if your renewal date was yesterday.
Try resubscribing as usual. If you have Premium from one of our partners, reach out to them and ask them to reactivate it for you.

Once again, thank you all for your patience during our downtime. You all rock!
Comments
bestbackwards

I'm loving the complaints from the people who clearly keep signing up for a trial and are getting all aggy.

Perhaps if you paid for the service you'd have a leg to stand on, but either way, it's not like the core functionality of Spotify is unusable. 

steadclare

I was emailed by Spotify (a genuine one - I checked) saying I need to verify card details (I have recently changed cards so that made sense) - I logged in and updated my card details but an error message popped up stating something had gone wrong so I tried again, and got the same error message. I then tried with another card and got the same error message so decided to stop trying on the App and try in the desktop version another time.

I have now got 3 emails from Spotify with 3 different receipts and I have checked my bank account and have been charged 3 times for one month. Is this linked to this issue and if so, will it be resolved when this issue is?

Saroyan07

I literally waited for years until Spotify came to my region, then waited for the 1st of march to buy, and now I have to wait who knows how much

zivex

Please. I am one of those who needs to cancel the subscription today. And now i can not. I am annoyed and very sorry for the time I have spend on how to cancel. Now I see is your problem. So, please do not charge, it wouldn't be fair!!!

DRHMichigan

As a Claims Analyst and Senior Customer Service Representative for a very large health insurer my suggestion - people, chill .... technical software issues happen and since this app isn't operating your life support equipment your world isn't going to end ... it will get corrected.  I've been using the free version for 6 hours now and am looking forward to buying up to Premium.  Here's a thought go do something for someone that's completely unexpected - make the world a better place and make a difference in someone's life instead of complaining about a temporary lack of entertainment.  Have A Great Day.

yand

yeps, got the notice and tried to update payment details but with no avail. please fix this asap. thank you.

shanblackcat153

I have been up since 5AM waiting to renew my membership and I have been checking EVERY HOUR to see if this has been fixed. I cancelled my subscription on the 17th February so I can specifically get the 1st March. OUT OF ALL DAYS SPOTIFY! I am so angry and this is a huge inconvenience for me. When will this be done? Atleast answer that!!!!!!!

laaurakatariina

I can't cancel my free 3 months premium because of that!!! And today is the last day to do it!!! C'MOON. I have to get my money back if you don't fix this before tomorrow!

Warcome

Multi-Billion Streaming Service btw.

zivex
Some people need to cancel the subscription!!! That’s a little bit