Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Downtime March 1st 2021] Issues subscribing to Premium or redeeming gift cards

Hey there folks,

We've received reports that users are having issues when trying to subscribe to Premium or adding gift cards to their accounts.

We're currently investigating this. 

If you're experiencing this, make sure not to retry to subscribe while this is being looked into.

Hello everyone,

We have another update for those of you who might've been charged more than once. For visibility, we're still including the complete FAQ, so please scroll down and click on each section spoiler to check the new info for you.

• You still can't pay with your debit card or can't redeem your gift card.
Spoiler
Payment methods for Spotify need to meet some requirements. Check here if that's the case for your payment method of choice. It might also be a good idea to check with your bank to receive more detailed info on why a payment might've failed.
If that doesn't clear things up, reach out to our customer support team. You should also do this if you're having difficulties redeeming a gift card. Prepare your receipt so the team can help you out faster!

• You wanted to cancel or change your subscription type but were unable to.
Spoiler
All should work as usual now, so please give it another go.
If you got charged due to not being able to cancel on time, reach out to our customer support team and they'll assist with switching you to Free and refunding your charge.

• You usually pay on the 1st and now you're wondering if your billing date will change.
Spoiler
No worries - your billing date will stay the same.
We'll just receive your payment a bit later this month. If you haven't been charged yet, that should also be processed soon. You can double-check your billing date on your Account overview.

• You couldn't subscribe, but you still see multiple charges on your bank / card statement.
Spoiler
Our team is working to have any affected payments refunded to your payment method. Funds usually arrive within a few days, but the exact time depends on your payment method / bank. Please give it another few days for the refunds to be processed before reaching out to our customer support team to allow us to handle this as fast as possible.

• You suddenly got switched to Free.
Spoiler
This should be unrelated to the issues we were having and might've only happened if your renewal date was yesterday.
Try resubscribing as usual. If you have Premium from one of our partners, reach out to them and ask them to reactivate it for you.

Once again, thank you all for your patience during our downtime. You all rock!
Comments
Emil

Hello everyone,

We're still working on this. You have our word we'll update the thread when this is resolved and include instructions on what to do.

So that the updates are effective and everyone doesn't get bombarded with notifications of new posts, we'll be locking this thread for further replies.We'll unlock it once we have any new status updates.

Apologies once more for the inconvenience caused and thank you all for your patience while we're working on this.

Maria_B
Status changed to: Under investigation

Hey everyone,

Everything is looking much better now. If you’re trying to cancel, make sure you’re following the steps here.

Keep in mind it’s possible that the changes won’t be reflected in your Account Overview page right away so no worries if that happens.

If you’re seeing multiple charges, please wait 48hrs and check back on the authorization statuses in your bank / card statements.

Stay tuned for further updates.

JunM

My account is still on FREE subscription.  When will it go back to PREMIUM?

Paul1984

The issue still  has not been fixed my form of payment has not been charged

shanblackcat153

UPDATE: Guys, I managed to subscribe and it went through and I have only been charged once. This was around 8pm last night (UK) and I got premium instantly. I did use PayPal so maybe that has something to do with it? I'm not sure but Spotify needs to get their fingers out people are STILL having trouble and it has been over 24 hours now. This isn't the first time this has happened with them and they are acting as if this is a whole new thing but it isn't. I bet a lot of people are gonna just move over to YouTube Music instead 🤷‍♀️

hyberone

My subscription got cancelled yesterday, still not working(

harry505

i have been trying to avail the month free trial but everytime it gets declined. i tried with my two cards, one says "this card doesn't allow monthly billing" the other says "payment failed". i am sick of this. both my cards meet all the requirements but they don't get accepted. why is this happening? i have been having this issue since days and still no solution!

AC1082

Was charged three times. Two of them on closed accounts. My gift code still won't go through on the active third account.

MasseyAdde

Still don't work for me to redeem my kod, have tryed starting yesterday

GuyGrant

Hi! Im from Sri Lanka. Spotify released here like a week ago. Im trying to subscribe for premium via my debit card (it works fine) but my debit card is not being accepted. (Message pops up saying 'payment failed'). I also tried on pc using different browsers and incognito windows and different debit cards(working ones). Its still same. More than 24 hours its so frustrating. Is this related with this issue?(i saw that theres a similar problem with debit cards in pakistan). And also payment page shows to fill card details twice! I hope you guys fix this

@Katerina @Emil @Maria_B